- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
Goran Dragic Urging Udonis Haslem to Return to Miami Heat Next Season
- Updated: April 12, 2019
While Miami Heat icon Dwyane Wade played in his last career NBA game on Wednesday against the Brooklyn Nets, Heat Lifer Udonis Haslem is still undecided on whether or not he wants to come back for another season.
If you ask Heat point guard Goran Dragic of his opinion on the matter, there’s no doubt that Haslem should return for a 17th season.
“He means so much to this franchise,” said Dragic when asked about Haslem. “But the most important thing is what he means to these young players.”
While Haslem has seen action in just 10 games this season, his presence and voice in the locker room have been helping the Heat’s young core grow and develop at a quicker pace.
“It would bother me walking away knowing it’s not 100 percent solidified who that guy will be [as far as a caretaker of Heat culture, so to speak],” said Haslem.
Haslem, 38, will be an unrestricted free agent next season, but the Heat would undoubtedly have a spot for Mr. 305 should he want a spot on the team’s roster in 2019-20.