- Erik Spoelstra Says Jimmy Butler Has Miami Heat DNA, Was ‘Meant to Play Here’
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
Goran Dragic Urging Udonis Haslem to Return to Miami Heat Next Season
- Updated: April 12, 2019
While Miami Heat icon Dwyane Wade played in his last career NBA game on Wednesday against the Brooklyn Nets, Heat Lifer Udonis Haslem is still undecided on whether or not he wants to come back for another season.
If you ask Heat point guard Goran Dragic of his opinion on the matter, there’s no doubt that Haslem should return for a 17th season.
“He means so much to this franchise,” said Dragic when asked about Haslem. “But the most important thing is what he means to these young players.”
While Haslem has seen action in just 10 games this season, his presence and voice in the locker room have been helping the Heat’s young core grow and develop at a quicker pace.
“It would bother me walking away knowing it’s not 100 percent solidified who that guy will be [as far as a caretaker of Heat culture, so to speak],” said Haslem.
Haslem, 38, will be an unrestricted free agent next season, but the Heat would undoubtedly have a spot for Mr. 305 should he want a spot on the team’s roster in 2019-20.