- Report: Bucks aimed great deal of frustration at Mike Budenholzer after they lost to Heat in last year’s playoffs
- League executives and scouts agree that the Miami Heat will be the toughest out in the play-in tournament
- Erik Spoelstra vows to play Udonis Haslem before season ends: ‘I’m going to make it happen’
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler for Tuesday’s game vs. Dallas Mavericks
- Udonis Haslem balks at thought of Kevin Garnett being as ‘tough’ as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Udonis Haslem issues strong statement on Miami Heat trying to avoid ‘silly’ play-in tournament
- Jimmy Butler calls reporter ‘sorry a-s’ for asking if Miami Heat are worried about tough remainder of schedule
- Jimmy Butler admits he’s ‘praying and hoping’ that Miami Heat are going to play their best basketball at right time
- Bam Adebayo claims he deserves DPOY consideration: ‘I float under the radar because I’m not a big name in this NBA’
- Jimmy Butler gets game ball for making NBA history after Miami Heat beat Charlotte Hornets
Goran Dragic Has Humble Reaction to Latest Career Milestone
- Updated: February 2, 2020
The team’s official Twitter account posted a congratulatory message, to which the Slovenian responded with modesty.
Grateful that I can play basketball for living?? https://t.co/AUj6RIGZOr
— Goran Dragić (@Goran_Dragic) February 2, 2020
Dragic’s reaction was unsurprising as this was not the first time he has shown humility.
From 2012 to 2018, the All-Star point guard started in every game he played for the Phoenix Suns and Heat. However, an injury in the middle of the 2018-19 season caused him to miss 31 straight games from December to February.
In his first game after the extended absence, Dragic was relegated to the bench. He was only brought back to the starting lineup again during the last eight games of the regular season.
Before this season began, the Heat had planned to reshuffle their starting lineup by bringing the 33-year-old off the bench again. Dragic had no problem with the decision and graciously accepted the new role.
So far, it has paid dividends. With the way he has been playing, Dragic could very well be a starter if he were on another team.
But his current role as one of the Heat’s spark plugs off the bench has been instrumental in the team’s early season surge to one of the best standings in the Eastern Conference.