- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
Gabrielle Union Sends Recruiting Pitch to LeBron James to Come to Miami
- Updated: March 30, 2018
The NBA free-agency period doesn’t begin for another three months, but current Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James is expected to enter the annual free-for-all. James’ likely presence would immediately vault him to the top of any team’s wish list, with his former team, the Miami Heat, being among them.
While the team itself is forbidden by NBA rules from actively recruiting him until July, that hasn’t stopped Dwyane Wade‘s wife, actress Gabrielle Union, from doing her part in that effort via social media:
The close friendship between James and Wade is seen as one reason why James might consider a reunion with the Heat. During the two players’ four seasons in Miami from 2010-14, the Heat reached the NBA Finals every year and won NBA titles in both 2012 and 2013.
The possibility of James simply re-signing with the Cavaliers is also a possibility, especially since doing so would allow him to be paid much more than in any deal with the Heat or other NBA team. However, James left Cleveland once before, taking his talents to South Beach in the summer of 2010, so nothing is etched in stone.