- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
Gabrielle Union Sends Recruiting Pitch to LeBron James to Come to Miami
- Updated: March 30, 2018
The NBA free-agency period doesn’t begin for another three months, but current Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James is expected to enter the annual free-for-all. James’ likely presence would immediately vault him to the top of any team’s wish list, with his former team, the Miami Heat, being among them.
While the team itself is forbidden by NBA rules from actively recruiting him until July, that hasn’t stopped Dwyane Wade‘s wife, actress Gabrielle Union, from doing her part in that effort via social media:
The close friendship between James and Wade is seen as one reason why James might consider a reunion with the Heat. During the two players’ four seasons in Miami from 2010-14, the Heat reached the NBA Finals every year and won NBA titles in both 2012 and 2013.
The possibility of James simply re-signing with the Cavaliers is also a possibility, especially since doing so would allow him to be paid much more than in any deal with the Heat or other NBA team. However, James left Cleveland once before, taking his talents to South Beach in the summer of 2010, so nothing is etched in stone.