- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Former Miami Heat Star Used Prosthetic Penis to Pass Drug Test for 2004 Olympics
- Updated: May 18, 2019
Former Miami Heat star Lamar Odom has had quite the struggle with drug abuse in recent years, and now he is looking to open up about his past.
In a soon-to-be published memoir titled “Darkness to Light,” Odom admits that he used a prosthetic penis to pass a drug test to qualify for the 2004 Summer Olympics.
“We started googling ‘fake penises’ and studied different ways to beat a drug test,” he wrote. “After an exhaustive search we ordered a giant, rubber, black c— to arrive the next day.”
He goes on to recall how he used the prosthetic to pass the test.
“I unzipped my pants and carefully slid the fake penis through the zipper hole. To get the pee to come out of the tip, I had to squeeze the shaft repeatedly,” Odom wrote.
Despite his anxiety about the test, Odom passed the test and went on to play for a USA Basketball Men’s National Team that would go on to bring home the bronze medal.
“He stuck a thermometer in the cup to gauge the temperature … satisfied that the pee was mine, said ‘Welcome to Team USA,’” Odom wrote.
Odom has struggled quite a bit since retiring from the NBA in 2013. Those struggles included a near-death experience from drug overdose in 2015.
More recently, however, it looks like Odom is making real steps towards progress and health. Hopefully this book serves as another way to move past his previous missteps towards a better life.