- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Former Miami Heat Star Used Prosthetic Penis to Pass Drug Test for 2004 Olympics
- Updated: May 18, 2019
Former Miami Heat star Lamar Odom has had quite the struggle with drug abuse in recent years, and now he is looking to open up about his past.
In a soon-to-be published memoir titled “Darkness to Light,” Odom admits that he used a prosthetic penis to pass a drug test to qualify for the 2004 Summer Olympics.
“We started googling ‘fake penises’ and studied different ways to beat a drug test,” he wrote. “After an exhaustive search we ordered a giant, rubber, black c— to arrive the next day.”
He goes on to recall how he used the prosthetic to pass the test.
“I unzipped my pants and carefully slid the fake penis through the zipper hole. To get the pee to come out of the tip, I had to squeeze the shaft repeatedly,” Odom wrote.
Despite his anxiety about the test, Odom passed the test and went on to play for a USA Basketball Men’s National Team that would go on to bring home the bronze medal.
“He stuck a thermometer in the cup to gauge the temperature … satisfied that the pee was mine, said ‘Welcome to Team USA,’” Odom wrote.
Odom has struggled quite a bit since retiring from the NBA in 2013. Those struggles included a near-death experience from drug overdose in 2015.
More recently, however, it looks like Odom is making real steps towards progress and health. Hopefully this book serves as another way to move past his previous missteps towards a better life.