- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
- Report: Precious Achiuwa’s rookie deal with Miami Heat worth $12.5 million
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s extension doesn’t close the door on Miami Heat landing Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Avery Bradley reveals why he’s a ‘perfect fit’ for the Miami Heat
- Report: People around the league consider the Miami Heat making it to the NBA Finals a ‘fluke’
- Video: 2-time All-Star free agent seen working out in Miami Heat shorts
- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
Former Miami Heat Player Posts Worrisome Social Media Message About Suicide
- Updated: July 31, 2020
Beasley shared the lyrics from a YNW Melly song titled “Suicidal.”
It didn’t take long for fans on social media to express their concern.
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) August 1, 2020
Beasley has struggled with behavioral issues off the court as well as legal troubles.
While the No. 2 overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft was always considered immensely talented, he never succeeded in turning that potential into long-term success in the NBA.
He has bounced around the NBA throughout his career and has even played overseas but never found a place to truly call home.
Most recently, Beasley was signed to the Brooklyn Nets just as the league was ramping up for the NBA bubble in Orlando, Fla. Unfortunately, he tested positive for COVID-19 shortly after, and his contract was subsequently voided.
Hopefully, this message is nothing more than Beasley sharing the lyrics of a song he enjoys. However, given the serious nature of those lyrics, the post is quite troubling.