- Report: Miami Heat Provide Huge Update on Jimmy Butler’s Availability Monday vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro Seen Going at It in Shooting Competition During Miami Heat Practice
- Jae Crowder Indicates Jimmy Butler Missed Miami Heat Practice Because He’s in Quarantine
- Report: Jimmy Butler Excused From Miami Heat Practice, Status for Monday’s Game Unknown
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to Kelly Olynyk Joining Him in Miami Heat History Books
- Video: Jimmy Butler Yells ‘F–k You Bam’ Live on Air After Miami Heat-Denver Nuggets Game
- Video: Jimmy Butler Gets Denied by NBA Officials as He Tries to Play With Blank Jersey
- Report: Miami Heat Announce New Starting Lineup for 1st Seeding Game Inside NBA Bubble
- Report: Denver Nuggets to Be Without 3 Starters vs. Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Clowns LeBron James for His Defense on Paul George and Kawhi Leonard in Season Restart
Former Miami Heat Player Posts Worrisome Social Media Message About Suicide
- Updated: July 31, 2020
Beasley shared the lyrics from a YNW Melly song titled “Suicidal.”
It didn’t take long for fans on social media to express their concern.
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) August 1, 2020
Beasley has struggled with behavioral issues off the court as well as legal troubles.
While the No. 2 overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft was always considered immensely talented, he never succeeded in turning that potential into long-term success in the NBA.
He has bounced around the NBA throughout his career and has even played overseas but never found a place to truly call home.
Most recently, Beasley was signed to the Brooklyn Nets just as the league was ramping up for the NBA bubble in Orlando, Fla. Unfortunately, he tested positive for COVID-19 shortly after, and his contract was subsequently voided.
Hopefully, this message is nothing more than Beasley sharing the lyrics of a song he enjoys. However, given the serious nature of those lyrics, the post is quite troubling.