- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
- Brad Stevens Reveals What Boston Celtics Did to Contain Goran Dragic in Game 3
- Meyers Leonard’s Wife Shows Off Huge Difference Between Miami Heat and Boston Celtics Benches
- Report: Boston Celtics Offer Huge Update on Gordon Hayward’s Status for Game 3
- Video: Goran Dragic Reveals Owner of Direct Competitor to Jimmy Butler’s Big Face Coffee
- Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic Gush Over Multiple Unique Qualities of Erik Spoelstra
- Dwyane Wade Makes Pointed Statement About Underrated Erik Spoelstra: ‘He Doesn’t Get Enough Credit’
- Report: Boston Celtics Upgrade Gordon Hayward’s Status Ahead of Game 3 vs. Miami Heat
Former Miami Heat Player Posts Worrisome Social Media Message About Suicide
- Updated: July 31, 2020
Beasley shared the lyrics from a YNW Melly song titled “Suicidal.”
It didn’t take long for fans on social media to express their concern.
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) August 1, 2020
Beasley has struggled with behavioral issues off the court as well as legal troubles.
While the No. 2 overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft was always considered immensely talented, he never succeeded in turning that potential into long-term success in the NBA.
He has bounced around the NBA throughout his career and has even played overseas but never found a place to truly call home.
Most recently, Beasley was signed to the Brooklyn Nets just as the league was ramping up for the NBA bubble in Orlando, Fla. Unfortunately, he tested positive for COVID-19 shortly after, and his contract was subsequently voided.
Hopefully, this message is nothing more than Beasley sharing the lyrics of a song he enjoys. However, given the serious nature of those lyrics, the post is quite troubling.