- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Fellow NBA Players Asking Dwyane Wade to Play 2 or 3 More Seasons
- Updated: January 11, 2019
Other players keep asking Wade why he doesn't play another two, three years considering way he's playing. But reiterates he's retiring after season
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) January 11, 2019
Considering the numbers, those players asking questions have a pretty compelling point.
While Wade showed clear signs of slowing down last season, he has enjoyed a uptick in production so far this season, and is currently averaging 14.1 points, 3.9 assists, and 3.5 rebounds in 25.4 minutes per game. Those kinds of numbers don’t seem to be of a player who is needing to call it quits.
Wade, however, has always seemed intent on ending his career on his own terms. Thanks to the many lucrative contracts and endorsement deals he has signed throughout his lengthy career, he has no financial need to continue playing, and he seems determined to spend as much time with his wife, sons, and infant daughter as possible.
While there’s little doubt that he will miss the court when he does decide to retire for good, it seems quite clear that he has made peace with his decision.
What Wade and his fellow Heat teammates should be focused on now is trying to make his career last as long as possible this season. If all goes according to plan, Wade won’t have to call it quits for good until a deep playoff run comes to an end this postseason.