- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
Fellow NBA Players Asking Dwyane Wade to Play 2 or 3 More Seasons
- Updated: January 11, 2019
Other players keep asking Wade why he doesn't play another two, three years considering way he's playing. But reiterates he's retiring after season
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) January 11, 2019
Considering the numbers, those players asking questions have a pretty compelling point.
While Wade showed clear signs of slowing down last season, he has enjoyed a uptick in production so far this season, and is currently averaging 14.1 points, 3.9 assists, and 3.5 rebounds in 25.4 minutes per game. Those kinds of numbers don’t seem to be of a player who is needing to call it quits.
Wade, however, has always seemed intent on ending his career on his own terms. Thanks to the many lucrative contracts and endorsement deals he has signed throughout his lengthy career, he has no financial need to continue playing, and he seems determined to spend as much time with his wife, sons, and infant daughter as possible.
While there’s little doubt that he will miss the court when he does decide to retire for good, it seems quite clear that he has made peace with his decision.
What Wade and his fellow Heat teammates should be focused on now is trying to make his career last as long as possible this season. If all goes according to plan, Wade won’t have to call it quits for good until a deep playoff run comes to an end this postseason.