- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Famed Trainer Says Dion Waiters Had ‘One of the Most Incredible Offseasons’ He’s Ever Seen
- Updated: September 24, 2019
However, there is reason for hope this upcoming season.
David Alexander, a trainer in South Florida who’s the owner of DBC Fitness, worked with Waiters the last several months and recently said that Waiters had “one of the most incredible offseasons that [he’s] ever had with an athlete.”
In fact, that clientele is a chief reason why Waiters hired Alexander with the blessing of Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra and their training staff.
The former Syracuse University star has gone from a porky 239 pounds to a more svelte 215 pounds, and Alexander has been positively effusive about Waiters’ determination to bounce back and redeem himself.
“He’s treating this offseason like a full-time job,” said Alexander.
The trainer has been so impressed that he’s even floated the idea that Waiters can win the NBA’s Most Improved Player award this season.
Whether that’s realistic, one thing everyone can agree on is that with the retirement of Dwyane Wade, the Heat could use a second perimeter scorer and creator to go along with Jimmy Butler. A healthy Waiters can help with just that.