- Jimmy Butler delivers blunt message to Bam Adebayo: ‘Attack the rim…play bully ball’
- Frustrated Jimmy Butler rips into Miami Heat teammates for being ‘soft’
- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
Famed Trainer Says Dion Waiters Had ‘One of the Most Incredible Offseasons’ He’s Ever Seen
- Updated: September 24, 2019
However, there is reason for hope this upcoming season.
David Alexander, a trainer in South Florida who’s the owner of DBC Fitness, worked with Waiters the last several months and recently said that Waiters had “one of the most incredible offseasons that [he’s] ever had with an athlete.”
In fact, that clientele is a chief reason why Waiters hired Alexander with the blessing of Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra and their training staff.
The former Syracuse University star has gone from a porky 239 pounds to a more svelte 215 pounds, and Alexander has been positively effusive about Waiters’ determination to bounce back and redeem himself.
“He’s treating this offseason like a full-time job,” said Alexander.
The trainer has been so impressed that he’s even floated the idea that Waiters can win the NBA’s Most Improved Player award this season.
Whether that’s realistic, one thing everyone can agree on is that with the retirement of Dwyane Wade, the Heat could use a second perimeter scorer and creator to go along with Jimmy Butler. A healthy Waiters can help with just that.