- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Famed Trainer Says Dion Waiters Had ‘One of the Most Incredible Offseasons’ He’s Ever Seen
- Updated: September 24, 2019
However, there is reason for hope this upcoming season.
David Alexander, a trainer in South Florida who’s the owner of DBC Fitness, worked with Waiters the last several months and recently said that Waiters had “one of the most incredible offseasons that [he’s] ever had with an athlete.”
In fact, that clientele is a chief reason why Waiters hired Alexander with the blessing of Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra and their training staff.
The former Syracuse University star has gone from a porky 239 pounds to a more svelte 215 pounds, and Alexander has been positively effusive about Waiters’ determination to bounce back and redeem himself.
“He’s treating this offseason like a full-time job,” said Alexander.
The trainer has been so impressed that he’s even floated the idea that Waiters can win the NBA’s Most Improved Player award this season.
Whether that’s realistic, one thing everyone can agree on is that with the retirement of Dwyane Wade, the Heat could use a second perimeter scorer and creator to go along with Jimmy Butler. A healthy Waiters can help with just that.