- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Famed Trainer Says Dion Waiters Had ‘One of the Most Incredible Offseasons’ He’s Ever Seen
- Updated: September 24, 2019
However, there is reason for hope this upcoming season.
David Alexander, a trainer in South Florida who’s the owner of DBC Fitness, worked with Waiters the last several months and recently said that Waiters had “one of the most incredible offseasons that [he’s] ever had with an athlete.”
In fact, that clientele is a chief reason why Waiters hired Alexander with the blessing of Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra and their training staff.
The former Syracuse University star has gone from a porky 239 pounds to a more svelte 215 pounds, and Alexander has been positively effusive about Waiters’ determination to bounce back and redeem himself.
“He’s treating this offseason like a full-time job,” said Alexander.
The trainer has been so impressed that he’s even floated the idea that Waiters can win the NBA’s Most Improved Player award this season.
Whether that’s realistic, one thing everyone can agree on is that with the retirement of Dwyane Wade, the Heat could use a second perimeter scorer and creator to go along with Jimmy Butler. A healthy Waiters can help with just that.