- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
Erik Spoelstra Speaks on Lack of True Backup Point Guard With Goran Dragic Out
- Updated: November 3, 2018
“We have a lot of ball-handlers,” said Spoelstra. “If anything our roster has as much depth with ball-handling and playmaking as any conventional team would with specific point guards.”
As true of a statement as that may be, the depth of the roster has been in question the entire season, as it has seen an influx of changes from injuries. The Heat were without the following guards for practice Friday: Goran Dragic, Dwyane Wade, Dion Waiters, and Tyler Johnson.
All besides Waiters (ankle) are expected to be cleared and participating in shootaround in Atlanta.
“Additionally, the league is changing,” continued Spoelstra. “It’s becoming less position oriented. I’m having enough challenges getting the ball spread around. It seems like everyone I have on my roster wants to bring the ball up and initiate offense. So when Goran is out it’ll give guys opportunities to do that.”