- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Erik Spoelstra reacts to Giannis Antetokounmpo securing max deal with Bucks
- Updated: December 15, 2020
Erik Spoelstra on Giannis extending with Bucks, downplayed impact on Heat, "This team is about now."
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 15, 2020
Miami reportedly had been preparing itself to make a run at Antetokounmpo if he hit free agency next offseason.
However, the Heat won’t get the chance as Anteotkounmpo’s extension will keep him in Milwaukee for the foreseeable future.
The Heat had positioned themselves to make a run at Antetokounmpo, but they still kept the core intact from last year’s team that made the NBA Finals.
Now, Spoelstra and the Heat are focused on getting back to the Finals this season.
The Heat will have to deal with a difficult road in the Eastern Conference, but they are as well positioned as anyone after their performance last season.