- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Erik Spoelstra reacts to Giannis Antetokounmpo securing max deal with Bucks
- Updated: December 15, 2020
Erik Spoelstra on Giannis extending with Bucks, downplayed impact on Heat, "This team is about now."
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 15, 2020
Miami reportedly had been preparing itself to make a run at Antetokounmpo if he hit free agency next offseason.
However, the Heat won’t get the chance as Anteotkounmpo’s extension will keep him in Milwaukee for the foreseeable future.
The Heat had positioned themselves to make a run at Antetokounmpo, but they still kept the core intact from last year’s team that made the NBA Finals.
Now, Spoelstra and the Heat are focused on getting back to the Finals this season.
The Heat will have to deal with a difficult road in the Eastern Conference, but they are as well positioned as anyone after their performance last season.