- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Boston Celtics consider not drafting Jimmy Butler ‘most painful miss’ in recent history
Devastated Erik Spoelstra Reacts to News of David Fizdale Firing
- Updated: December 6, 2019
On Friday, it was reported that the New York Knicks had fired their head coach, David Fizdale, after a 4-18 start to the season.
Spo on Fiz: “It’s disappointing. I’m bummed about it.”
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) December 6, 2019
Spo on David Fizdale being fired by the Knicks: "Things just take time in this league. It's a shame he wasn't given time." #Heat
— Andre Fernandez (@FernandezAndreC) December 6, 2019
Fizdale was an assistant coach with the Heat from 2008 to 2016, when he became the head coach of the Memphis Grizzlies.
With the Grizzlies, the 45-year-old amassed a 50-51 regular season record with a 2-4 record in the playoffs. With the Knicks, Fizdale was 21-83 and didn’t make the playoffs.
It will be interesting to see if sometime in the near future, Fizdale ends up returning to the Heat. The Heat currently have an open assistant coaching position on a staff that includes former players Chris Quinn and Malik Allen, as well as Dan Craig and Octavio De La Grana.