- Video: Dwyane Wade Drops Epic Verse on Rick Ross’ ‘Season Ticket Holder’
- Trae Young Takes Direct Shot at Jimmy Butler After Dropping 50 on Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat’s 2021 Free-Agency Plans ‘Start With Giannis Antetokounmpo’
- Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Derrick Jones Jr.: ‘He’s So Fun to Be Around’
- Report: Miami Heat Make Players Wear Mouth Guards and Knee Pads Due to Intensity of Practices
- Derrick Jones Jr. Details Special Benefits of New Endorsement Deal With Puma
- Rapper Boosie Unleashes Disgusting, Hateful Rant About Dwayne Wade and His Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
Devastated Erik Spoelstra Reacts to News of David Fizdale Firing
- Updated: December 6, 2019
On Friday, it was reported that the New York Knicks had fired their head coach, David Fizdale, after a 4-18 start to the season.
Spo on Fiz: “It’s disappointing. I’m bummed about it.”
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) December 6, 2019
Spo on David Fizdale being fired by the Knicks: "Things just take time in this league. It's a shame he wasn't given time." #Heat
— Andre Fernandez (@FernandezAndreC) December 6, 2019
Fizdale was an assistant coach with the Heat from 2008 to 2016, when he became the head coach of the Memphis Grizzlies.
With the Grizzlies, the 45-year-old amassed a 50-51 regular season record with a 2-4 record in the playoffs. With the Knicks, Fizdale was 21-83 and didn’t make the playoffs.
It will be interesting to see if sometime in the near future, Fizdale ends up returning to the Heat. The Heat currently have an open assistant coaching position on a staff that includes former players Chris Quinn and Malik Allen, as well as Dan Craig and Octavio De La Grana.