- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Erik Spoelstra Plans to Get Ryan Anderson in ‘Miami Heat Shape’
- Updated: February 13, 2019
Spoelstra believes that Anderson is in good physical condition, but he also believes that he can get in better shape.
“We will get him in Miami Heat shape soon enough,” Spoelstra said.
The Heat have a reputation as one of the grittiest teams in the NBA. That attitude comes from the top down. It starts with team president Pat Riley and his disciple, Spoelstra, who brings that same hard-nosed attitude to the bench.
Spoelstra has been hesitant to play Anderson thus far. He’s played fewer than two minutes in three games and his only minutes came in garbage time during a blowout loss to the Denver Nuggets.
Anderson fell out of the rotation for the lowly Phoenix Suns before being traded to the Heat for Tyler Johnson and Wayne Ellington. Anderson was buried on the bench for one of the worst teams in the league. That could indicate that he won’t see much time in the Heat rotation anytime soon.