- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Dwyane Wade’s Message Before Start of One Last Dance
- Updated: October 17, 2018
Wade will be suiting up in the same uniform he came into the league with in the 2003 NBA season. The three-time NBA champion has coined his final season “One Last Dance.”
Before the start of the Heat’s regular season tonight against the Orlando Magic, Wade decided to bestow upon his fans a simple reiteration of the start to his final chapter in the NBA:
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) October 17, 2018
The Heat icon will likely not log heavy minutes for the 2018-19 season as he averaged just 22.2 minutes per game in a Heat uniform last year. Still, if the Heat advance to the playoffs, one can bet that Wade will be used in much heavier fashion.
In fact, last season Wade saved his best for last, as he averaged 16.6 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 3.6 assists in 25.4 minutes per game in the 2018 playoffs.
The end to Wade’s final season in the NBA will be hard to accept, but for now, Heat Nation should embrace his one last dance.