- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade’s Message Before Start of One Last Dance
- Updated: October 17, 2018
Wade will be suiting up in the same uniform he came into the league with in the 2003 NBA season. The three-time NBA champion has coined his final season “One Last Dance.”
Before the start of the Heat’s regular season tonight against the Orlando Magic, Wade decided to bestow upon his fans a simple reiteration of the start to his final chapter in the NBA:
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) October 17, 2018
The Heat icon will likely not log heavy minutes for the 2018-19 season as he averaged just 22.2 minutes per game in a Heat uniform last year. Still, if the Heat advance to the playoffs, one can bet that Wade will be used in much heavier fashion.
In fact, last season Wade saved his best for last, as he averaged 16.6 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 3.6 assists in 25.4 minutes per game in the 2018 playoffs.
The end to Wade’s final season in the NBA will be hard to accept, but for now, Heat Nation should embrace his one last dance.