- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
- Here’s the definitive reason why the Miami Heat weren’t serious contenders to trade for James Harden
Dwyane Wade’s Immediate Reaction to Miami Heat’s Acquisition of Andre Iguodala
- Updated: February 5, 2020
Shortly after the news, Heat legend Dwyane Wade took to Twitter to offer his take on the move.
? Great pickup @MiamiHEAT
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) February 6, 2020
Wade, a three-time champion himself, certainly knows what value Iguodala will bring to an already immensely talented Heat roster.
In his career, the veteran forward has averaged 12.1 points, 5.1 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 1.5 steals per game.
While he will likely not replicate those numbers with the Heat, he will serve as an example of a player who has performed at his peak on the NBA’s biggest stage.
Iguodala was named Finals MVP when the Golden State Warriors won the 2015 NBA Finals. He went on to be a crucial piece in the Warriors’ two additional championships.
Certainly, the hope in Miami is that Iguodala will be a part of another title team in the near future.