- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Response When Asked If He Misses Miami Heat Conditioning
- Updated: September 30, 2019
Team training camps have already opened, which means that players have to start getting back in shape in preparation for the grueling season ahead.
Spoelstra decided to tease Wade by sending him a picture of the team’s conditioning day. And when Spoelstra asked Wade if he missed it, Wade replied with a resounding, “Hell no.”
"You miss this?," Spoelstra asked.
"Hell no," Wade answered.
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) September 30, 2019
Who could blame Wade, though? The retirement life is treating him well. Now that he has time on his hands, he is able to spend it with his family of four. This summer, he has been seen watching his oldest son, Zaire, play high school basketball for Sierra Canyon School in Los Angeles, Calif.
However, he did say he was going to stay in shape in an interview with Arash Markazi of the Los Angeles Times.
“I’m done, but my trainer is going to keep me in shape just in case something happens,” Wade said, smiling. “I’m going to stay in shape because you never know. Never say never.”
Those last three words caused quite a stir as it looked like an NBA comeback was on the horizon for Wade. But, he refuted the rumor quickly with a tweet.
Kaavia heard these rumors about me coming back. As you can tell she ain’t playing those games. Stop getting me in trouble people. I’m retired asf! I love the game and you will still see me working out & teaching it but that’s to stay in shape. pic.twitter.com/ZTTxxpFdI6
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) September 8, 2019
Wade could return for another season, or two, if he wanted. But after three championships and a long list of accomplishments, he has nothing else to prove and his legacy is intact.