- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Dwyane Wade’s Disgusted Reaction to Willie Reed’s New Contract
- Updated: July 19, 2017
The Los Angeles Clippers and former Miami Heat center Willie Reed agreed to a one year, $1.5 million contract on Monday. The deal is being touted as excellent value for the Clippers, as Reed was one of the most talented backup big men still on the market, averaging 5.3 points and 4.7 rebounds in 14.5 minutes per game last season on the Heat.
While the deal may be a positive for the team, former Heat star Dwyane Wade took to Twitter to voice his shock and anger with the relatively small contract Reed received.
Wait what. Willie Reed got whattt???? Highway robbery. Keep grinding bro you deserve better!!! @LAClippers you got you one!!!
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) July 19, 2017
Wade uses Twitter as a way to congratulate fellow players and friends on accomplishments met and contracts signed, but this is one of the few instances where the 12-time All-Star expressed genuine displeasure with the news of a contract signing.
The three-time NBA champion is clearly not worried about stirring the pot in Los Angeles. Hopefully Reed takes his advice and keeps grinding to earn himself a more valuable contract in the near future.