- Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Former Mavs Guard for Final Roster Spot
- Report: Daryl Macon Has Emerged as ‘Strong Possibility’ for Miami Heat’s Final Roster Spot
- J.J. Redick Says He Would Love to Play With Jimmy Butler Again
- Hassan Whiteside Says Portland Trail Blazers ‘Best Team I’ve Ever Played on Talent-Wise’
- Report: Dwyane Wade Puts Miami Mansion Up for Sale
- Bam Adebayo Offers Take on Which Miami Heat Player Stood Out Most in Offseason Workouts
- Dwyane Wade Gives Glowing Review of Lakers’ Revamped Roster
- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Alonzo Mourning Ranked as Best Miami Heat Players Ever
- Report: Bam Adebayo Says Miami Heat Pushing Him to Be ‘More of a Leader’ This Season
- Chris Bosh Explains Why He’s ‘Comfortable’ With His Legacy on Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade Says He Would Have Won 6 Rings If His Knees Had Held Up
- Updated: April 15, 2019
Dwyane Wade’s NBA career has officially ended, but that doesn’t mean the conversation about his greatness has to.
On Sunday, one fan took to Twitter to say that Wade would have won more championship rings than his current three had his knees remained healthy.
Shortly after, Wade responded.
6 rings https://t.co/GBIaxEz42Y
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) April 14, 2019
It’s a lofty estimate, but it may not be so far off.
Wade’s knee injuries not only likely ended his career a couple seasons earlier, but they also impacted his effectiveness at certain points during his prime.
Even during the Big 3 era, Wade dealt with various injuries, and while he did of course win two championships during that era, he and the Heat also lost twice in the NBA Finals.
It is unclear if Wade truly believes he would have doubled up on his championships had his knees held up, but there’s no doubt that he doesn’t lack for confidence.
Either way, it’s great to see that even though his NBA career is over, Wade’s competitive spirit is alive and well.
It will be fascinating to see where that spirit takes him in his post-NBA career.