- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Dwyane Wade sends warning to NBA about Philadelphia 76ers rookie
- Updated: January 10, 2021
At 7-3, the Philadelphia 76ers are currently tied for the best record in the NBA.
Of course, most of the credit should go to their two stars, Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid, but rookie guard Tyrese Maxey is starting to emerge as a productive player, and Miami Heat great Dwyane Wade knows it.
Maxey was the 21st overall pick in last year’s NBA draft. A 6-foot-2 guard, he was a solid player during his lone season at the University of Kentucky, but nothing special.
But with his ability to handle the ball and score, he has averaged 10.1 points in 18.5 minutes a game in his first 10 contests this season.
With the Sixers’ roster severely depleted due to the NBA’s novel coronavirus protocol, Maxey took control in the team’s last game on Saturday. He poured in an efficient 39 points, grabbed seven rebounds and dealt six assists.
Along with fellow young guns Shake Milton and Matisse Thybulle, Maxey is helping to give the Sixers some decent depth this season.