- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Dwyane Wade sends warning to NBA about Philadelphia 76ers rookie
- Updated: January 10, 2021
At 7-3, the Philadelphia 76ers are currently tied for the best record in the NBA.
Of course, most of the credit should go to their two stars, Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid, but rookie guard Tyrese Maxey is starting to emerge as a productive player, and Miami Heat great Dwyane Wade knows it.
Maxey was the 21st overall pick in last year’s NBA draft. A 6-foot-2 guard, he was a solid player during his lone season at the University of Kentucky, but nothing special.
But with his ability to handle the ball and score, he has averaged 10.1 points in 18.5 minutes a game in his first 10 contests this season.
With the Sixers’ roster severely depleted due to the NBA’s novel coronavirus protocol, Maxey took control in the team’s last game on Saturday. He poured in an efficient 39 points, grabbed seven rebounds and dealt six assists.
Along with fellow young guns Shake Milton and Matisse Thybulle, Maxey is helping to give the Sixers some decent depth this season.