- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem Recall Time When They Nearly Threw Hands on Heat’s Bench
- Updated: April 8, 2020
Together, the two legends helped the Heat win three NBA titles over the last two decades. They have also been foundational players when it comes to the formation of the vaunted Heat culture.
With that being said, there is bound to be conflict of some kind on every NBA roster.
Recently, Haslem and Wade looked back at an instance when the two almost came to blows on Miami’s bench.
“We got into it one time on the bench when we were about to throw some hands,” Wade said, remembering one specific incident.
Haslem continued the story, saying that their younger teammates had no idea how to handle the situation.
“Oh, yeah, that’s when we had them young boys,” he said. “Tyler Johnson and them thought they’d seen a ghost. They’d never seen us get into an argument.”
Wade then added that he and Haslem were truly ready to get into it.
“They’d never seen us like that,” he said. “We were like ready. That was the first time where I was, ‘We about to throw some hands right now.'”
Wade and Haslem battling it out is probably very similar to how brothers play rough with one another. The two played together for years, and at this point, are probably closer to family than they are to colleagues in terms of their relationship.
While it is unfortunate that the NBA has been forced into a stoppage due to the novel coronavirus, it has offered people an opportunity to look back on memories from the past.
Clearly, the story of a near fight on the bench between Haslem and Wade is something they both remember well.