- Bam Adebayo Joins in on Fun, Clowns Hassan Whiteside After Scrimmage
- Tyler Herro Takes Blatant Shot at Hassan Whiteside via Social Media
- LeBron James Shouts Out Dwyane Wade for ‘Space Jam’ Alley-Oop
- Dwyane Wade’s Latest Social Media Activity Indicates That He’s Recruiting Anthony Davis to Miami Heat
- Report: Former Miami Heat Star Being Considered as Replacement for Team USA Squad
- 3 Landing Spots for Bradley Beal If Washington Wizards Decide to Trade Him
- Report: Wizards to Offer Bradley Beal Max Contract, Have No Plans to Engage in Trade Talks
- Report: Miami Heat Are Looking for Starting-Caliber Small Forward
- Dwyane Wade Announces That He’s Joined Panel as Judge for ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Dwyane Wade jokes about moment he and LeBron James knew their sons would team up in Los Angeles
Dwyane Wade Tweets Support for Victor Oladipo After Season-Ending Injury
- Updated: January 24, 2019
Prayers going all the way up fast for my lil bro @VicOladipo I’m here to help you get thru the tough times bro.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) January 24, 2019
Oladipo is considered to be one of the best young shooting guards playing right now, and since he was a rising star at Indiana University, he has looked up to Wade as a role model on and off the court.
“When it’s all said and done, he’s going to be one of the greatest to ever play. He already is to me,” Oladipo said of Wade to the IndyStar back in 2014. “It’s great to have him as a mentor and a close friend.”
Now, Oladipo will be able to look to Wade for guidance in a new way. During his storied career, Wade has battled with injuries to his shoulder, ankle, knee, and more. He has continuously bounced back and remained strong. Now, Oladipo will have to do the same.
According to reports, Oladipo ruptured a quad tendon in his right knee and will miss the remainder of the 2018-19 season.
Breaking: Victor Oladipo has a ruptured quad tendon in his right knee and is out for the season, the Pacers announced. pic.twitter.com/juug8cMkwG
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) January 24, 2019
Wade spoke of the injury following Miami’s loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night.
“You obviously never want to see any players get injured, especially ones that you have relationships with,” he said. “Guys put the work in. These guys are so mentally strong that eventually, if it is anything that sets them back for a little while, he’ll work his way back to where he is or even better. I pray that it’s nothing serious, but if it is, I know that he’ll do everything, and we’ve got the same trainers I know they’ll to everything to make sure that he’s Victor Oladipo again.”
Wade’s words are about as supportive as can be. Hopefully, his praise and support helps Oladipo as he begins his rehabilitation process.