- Report: Miami Heat sign promising big man to fill final roster spot for rest of season
- Report: Victor Oladipo could miss entire 2021-22 season after quadriceps surgery
- Report: Luxury watch brand announces exciting new partnership with Miami Heat star Jimmy Butler
- Bam Adebayo’s NSFW reaction to Udonis Haslem getting ejected after altercation with Dwight Howard
- Udonis Haslem’s hilarious comments after getting ejected: ‘I was planning on talking way more s–t’
- Video: Udonis Haslem gets ejected after getting into physical altercation with Dwight Howard
- Report: Miami Heat update Jimmy Butler’s status for crucial game vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Goran Dragic explains what Miami Heat backcourt must do now with Victor Oladipo out for season
- Miami Heat news: Victor Oladipo to have season-ending surgery
- Duncan Robinson celebrates Tyler Herro’s triumphant return to being ‘killer’ for Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade Tweets Support for Victor Oladipo After Season-Ending Injury
- Updated: January 24, 2019
Prayers going all the way up fast for my lil bro @VicOladipo I’m here to help you get thru the tough times bro.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) January 24, 2019
Oladipo is considered to be one of the best young shooting guards playing right now, and since he was a rising star at Indiana University, he has looked up to Wade as a role model on and off the court.
“When it’s all said and done, he’s going to be one of the greatest to ever play. He already is to me,” Oladipo said of Wade to the IndyStar back in 2014. “It’s great to have him as a mentor and a close friend.”
Now, Oladipo will be able to look to Wade for guidance in a new way. During his storied career, Wade has battled with injuries to his shoulder, ankle, knee, and more. He has continuously bounced back and remained strong. Now, Oladipo will have to do the same.
According to reports, Oladipo ruptured a quad tendon in his right knee and will miss the remainder of the 2018-19 season.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) January 24, 2019
Wade spoke of the injury following Miami’s loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night.
“You obviously never want to see any players get injured, especially ones that you have relationships with,” he said. “Guys put the work in. These guys are so mentally strong that eventually, if it is anything that sets them back for a little while, he’ll work his way back to where he is or even better. I pray that it’s nothing serious, but if it is, I know that he’ll do everything, and we’ve got the same trainers I know they’ll to everything to make sure that he’s Victor Oladipo again.”
Wade’s words are about as supportive as can be. Hopefully, his praise and support helps Oladipo as he begins his rehabilitation process.