- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Dwyane Wade Trains With Ben Simmons in Offseason Workout
- Updated: July 6, 2019
He may be retired, but Dwyane Wade isn’t done giving back to the game of basketball.
The Miami Heat legend had a workout with Ben Simmons to celebrate Independence Day earlier this week.
The two were seen with NBA trainer Chris Johnson, who posted a photo with them on his Instagram account.
The fact that Simmons is training with Wade and Johnson is excellent news for Philadelphia 76ers fans who would like to see the former No. 1 overall pick develop a jump shot before the upcoming season.
Johnson is an NBA development coach for several players including Simmons’ former teammate and current Heat star Jimmy Butler. With Simmons training regularly with one of the NBA’s more prominent teachers of the game, there’s reason to believe that fans will see more than just an improved jumper next season. Johnson is highly regarded as someone who improves a player’s complete game.
For Heat fans, it’s refreshing to see Wade hooping it up with a young player like Simmons. He had clearly taken a liking to being a mentor and father figure to the younger players in Miami last season, but it appears he is expanding that role to the rest of the league’s next generation of stars now that he’s retired.