- Miami Heat release first half of 2020-21 NBA schedule
- Bam Adebayo bestows ultimate praise on Precious Achiuwa while comparing rookie to himself
- Bam Adebayo says he wants to be remembered as top 5 big man of all time
- Erik Spoelstra challenges Bam Adebayo to win Defensive Player of the Year award
- Report: Heat players have ‘chip’ on their shoulders due to ‘fluke’ label on recent run to finals
- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
Dwyane Wade Shouts Out Ja Morant After Impressive March Madness Debut
- Updated: March 21, 2019
On Thursday afternoon, Murray State University Racers point guard Ja Morant recorded a triple-double in his team’s 83-64 NCAA Tournament victory against the Marquette University Golden Eagles.
Congrts to Murray State and much respect to @igotgame_12 on joining the triple double family in the tourney!
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) March 21, 2019
Morant recorded 17 points, 16 assists, and 11 rebounds in 39 minutes of play. Morant’s triple-double was just the ninth in tournament history.
The 19-year-old was the first guard to record a triple-double in the tournament since Wade himself did it against the University of Kentucky Wildcats in 2003.
So far this season, Morant has averaged 24.4 points, 10.2 assists, and 5.7 rebounds per game. The sophomore is projected to be one of the first players selected in the 2019 NBA Draft should he choose to declare and leave school early.
Murray State will now face off against the fourth-seeded Florida State University Seminoles on Saturday.
It’s good to see that as Wade’s career gets closer to its finale, he is acknowledging the impressive performances of the potential stars of the next generation.