- Chris Paul Reveals Time When He, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Almost Teamed Up
- J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Report: Jimmy Butler Questionable for Wednesday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bam Adebayo Joins Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Chris Webber With Masterful Performance
- 50 Cent Sparks Controversy After Sharing Tasteless Meme About Dwyane Wade’s Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Applauds Sabrina Ionescu’s ‘Unreal’ Accomplishment
- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Udonis Haslem May Return Next Season to Continue to Mentor Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade Shouts Out Ja Morant After Impressive March Madness Debut
- Updated: March 21, 2019
On Thursday afternoon, Murray State University Racers point guard Ja Morant recorded a triple-double in his team’s 83-64 NCAA Tournament victory against the Marquette University Golden Eagles.
Congrts to Murray State and much respect to @igotgame_12 on joining the triple double family in the tourney!
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) March 21, 2019
Morant recorded 17 points, 16 assists, and 11 rebounds in 39 minutes of play. Morant’s triple-double was just the ninth in tournament history.
The 19-year-old was the first guard to record a triple-double in the tournament since Wade himself did it against the University of Kentucky Wildcats in 2003.
So far this season, Morant has averaged 24.4 points, 10.2 assists, and 5.7 rebounds per game. The sophomore is projected to be one of the first players selected in the 2019 NBA Draft should he choose to declare and leave school early.
Murray State will now face off against the fourth-seeded Florida State University Seminoles on Saturday.
It’s good to see that as Wade’s career gets closer to its finale, he is acknowledging the impressive performances of the potential stars of the next generation.