- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Dwyane Wade Shouts Out Chris Paul for Being Best Clutch Player in League
- Updated: March 8, 2020
In his 15th NBA season, the Oklahoma City Thunder’s Chris Paul is still one of the league’s best clutch players.
Dwyane Wade took to social media today to give Paul some props for continuing to do what he’s been doing for many years under pressure.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) March 8, 2020
Paul had a down year last season with the Houston Rockets, when it looked like age was starting to catch up with him. He averaged 15.6 points a game on just 41.9 percent shooting, both career-lows.
But this season, he has returned to form, putting up 17.5 points a game on 49.0 percent shooting while leading the Thunder to a surprising 39-24 record.
Few expected Oklahoma City to contend for a playoff spot, but it’s currently in sixth place in the Western Conference and half a game behind the Houston Rockets.
With Paul playing this way while closing in on his 35th birthday, one would think he has a couple more years at or near this level left in him.