- Report: Miami Heat Have Interest in DeMarcus Cousins If Not Signed By Lakers
- Chris Paul Reveals Time When He, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Almost Teamed Up
- J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Report: Jimmy Butler Questionable for Wednesday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bam Adebayo Joins Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Chris Webber With Masterful Performance
- 50 Cent Sparks Controversy After Sharing Tasteless Meme About Dwyane Wade’s Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Applauds Sabrina Ionescu’s ‘Unreal’ Accomplishment
- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade Sends Thoughts and Prayers to Kevin Durant After Horrible Tragedy
- Updated: March 21, 2019
Prayers up for @KDTrey5 and his family. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) March 21, 2019
Clifford Dixon, who Durant considered his adopted brother, was fatally shot outside a metro Atlanta bar early Thursday, Chamblee police confirmed in a release.
According to the police report, Dixon arrived to the SL Lounge on Buford Highway for his birthday party before he was shot multiples in the parking lot. The 32-year-old was pronounced dead at Grady Hospital.
Durant, 30, has already had a very tough 2018-19 season. Although Durant and the Warriors are coming off back-to-back championships, the veteran’s year has been marred by a public tussle with teammate Draymond Green, free agency rumors, and now, the death of his close relative.
The two-time champion is averaging 27.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 5.7 assists per game this season.