- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
- Here’s the definitive reason why the Miami Heat weren’t serious contenders to trade for James Harden
Dwyane Wade Sends Thoughts and Prayers to Kevin Durant After Horrible Tragedy
- Updated: March 21, 2019
Prayers up for @KDTrey5 and his family. ??????
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) March 21, 2019
Clifford Dixon, who Durant considered his adopted brother, was fatally shot outside a metro Atlanta bar early Thursday, Chamblee police confirmed in a release.
According to the police report, Dixon arrived to the SL Lounge on Buford Highway for his birthday party before he was shot multiples in the parking lot. The 32-year-old was pronounced dead at Grady Hospital.
Durant, 30, has already had a very tough 2018-19 season. Although Durant and the Warriors are coming off back-to-back championships, the veteran’s year has been marred by a public tussle with teammate Draymond Green, free agency rumors, and now, the death of his close relative.
The two-time champion is averaging 27.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 5.7 assists per game this season.