- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
Dwyane Wade Sends Touching Message to Kevin Durant After Injury in Game 5
- Updated: June 10, 2019
In Monday night’s NBA Finals matchup between the Golden State Warriors and Toronto Raptors, Kevin Durant tried to do just that after missing the first four games of the series due to injury.
Unfortunately, his time on the court was brief, as the two-time Finals MVP was forced to leave the game after he appeared to re-injure his calf.
Despite his early exit, Wade couldn’t help but admire Durant’s grit.
Even with all the things @KDTrey5 has done. This is the most fan(ed) out I’ve been. He knew he wasn’t right but he wanted to be there for his brothers. That’s sports! That’s love!
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) June 11, 2019
It takes a champion to know a champion, and Wade admiring Durant’s desire to get out there and play with his teammates shows the huge level of respect Wade feels towards him.
Unfortunately for the Warriors, Durant’s exit from the game seems to indicate that the Raptors will prove victorious in the series as they already hold a 3-1 record on the defending champs.
As for Durant, his injury could mark the beginning of his offseason, in which many have predicted that he will leave the Warriors to take his talents to the New York Knicks.
No matter where he plays, it seems clear that Wade will continue to be a huge fan of Durant’s.