- Report: Some Pushing League to Allow Bam Adebayo, Other Stars to Sign Max Contracts Before NBA Resumption
- Jae Crowder Salutes Kyle Korver for Standing Up for Black Teammates
- Udonis Haslem Has Hilarious Response to NBA’s Anonymous Hotline in Orlando
- Bam Adebayo’s Breakout Season Has Him as Current Betting Favorite for Most Improved Player Award
- Bam Adebayo: ‘We’re the Miami Heat, I Don’t Think Anybody Is Sitting Out’
- Video: Dwyane Wade Issues Inspiring Message to Graduating Class of 2020
- Report: Heat’s Chances of Landing Giannis Antetokounmpo Depends on Bucks’ Playoff Success
- Tyler Herro Hooks Up Instagram Model Girlfriend on Her Birthday With Lavish Gift
- Zaire Wade Posts Emotional Tribute to Dwyane Wade to Celebrate Graduating High School
- Goran Dragic Makes His Stance on NBA Return Known: ‘We Want to Compete’
How Dwyane Wade Plans to Remain a Part of Miami Heat Teammates’ Lives After Retirement
- Updated: April 5, 2019
While his playing career is coming to an end, he wants those he’s played alongside to know that he’s always be there for them if they need him.
Asked if he plans to remain in his teammates’ lives, Wade said he plans to, “always be a sounding board.”
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) April 5, 2019
Wade has spent more than 14 years in a Heat uniform, helping the franchise win all three of their NBA titles. When the Heat won their first championship in 2006, it was Wade who was tabbed as Finals MVP for a huge performance in leading the team back from an 0-2 deficit to the Dallas Mavericks.
That type of legacy might be enough for most players, but it’s clear that Wade has a strong connection with those he’s played alongside.
Of course, Wade’s warm remembrances of current and past teammates has been returned in abundance over the years. In addition, the reverence that other players have for him has been reflected all season long with the jersey exchanges that he’s done following games.
In this closing week of the regular season, Wade is hoping to play beyond next Wednesday’s game in Brooklyn.
To accomplish that goal, he and his teammates will have to find a way to move into one of the final eight playoff berths. Currently situated in the ninth spot, the Heat’s challenging upcoming schedule could put an end to those hopes.