- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler to Miss Matchup vs. Boston Celtics With New Injury
- Report: Pat Riley Had to Lend Erik Spoelstra Several Armani Suits When He Became Miami Heat Coach
- Erik Spoelstra Explains Why He’s Encouraging Jae Crowder to Shoot From Even ‘Deeper Range’
- Referee Admits to Huge Officiating Error in Miami Heat’s Loss to Toronto Raptors
- Video: Erik Spoelstra in Utter Disbelief as Fred VanVleet Makes Game-Saving Deflection
- Report: Miami Heat Provide Huge Update on Jimmy Butler’s Availability Monday vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro Seen Going at It in Shooting Competition During Miami Heat Practice
- Jae Crowder Indicates Jimmy Butler Missed Miami Heat Practice Because He’s in Quarantine
- Report: Jimmy Butler Excused From Miami Heat Practice, Status for Monday’s Game Unknown
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to Kelly Olynyk Joining Him in Miami Heat History Books
Dwyane Wade Says He’d Love to See Jamal Crawford Join Warriors
- Updated: September 14, 2019
Per Brandon Robinson of Heavy.com, Wade thinks the Warriors should target veteran Jamal Crawford to help round out their roster.
“I would love to see him on a team like the Golden State [Warriors],” Wade told Robinson.
“Just because he can rock out man he’s exciting. You get somebody that can come off the bench and put up 20 like there’s nothing. It would be good, obviously without Klay [Thompson] getting injured and losing Kevin Durant. Having a scoring punch come off the bench would be good for them.”
There’s no doubt that Crawford has proven his ability to offer a punch off the bench. Through his lengthy NBA career, Crawford has won the NBA Sixth Man of the Year award three times.
He also won the NBA Teammate of the Year award in 2018.
Last season, Crawford played with the Phoenix Suns and averaged 7.9 points and 3.6 rebounds per game. While he’s already 39 years of age, he has reportedly expressed interest to continue his NBA career.
The Warriors are not the presumed champions entering the 2019-20 regular season like they have been for much of the last decade, but they are certainly expected to compete for a playoff spot in a loaded Western Conference.
With Crawford, they would be able to add another proven veteran to their roster.
Whether Wade gets his way, and Crawford ends up in Golden State, remains to be seen.