- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
Dwyane Wade Responds to LeBron James’ Heartfelt Message
- Updated: December 18, 2018
After the Heat’s 108-105 loss against the Los Angeles Lakers on Dec. 10, which was likely the last time Wade and James will play each other in the NBA, James had a lot to say about his longtime friend and former teammate.
“I needed him. That’s why I made the jump,” said James. “I appreciate more than I can express in words what he did for me when I went down to Miami.”
The jump that the four-time MVP was referring to was of course his decision to sign with the Heat in the summer of 2010. James would go on to spend a total of four seasons in Miami, advancing to four straight NBA Finals appearances and winning two championships in the process.
During those four seasons with the Heat, the St. Vincent-St. Mary High School product averaged 26.9 points, 7.6 rebounds and 6.7 assists per game. As for Wade, he averaged 22.2 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game during that time.
In their careers, Wade and James have played each other a total of 31 times with the head-to-head record being 16-15 in James’ favor. In those games, Wade has averaged 25.4 points, 4.9 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game while James has averaged 28.5 points, 5.7 rebounds and 7.5 assists per game.