- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Dwyane Wade Responds to LeBron James’ Heartfelt Message
- Updated: December 18, 2018
After the Heat’s 108-105 loss against the Los Angeles Lakers on Dec. 10, which was likely the last time Wade and James will play each other in the NBA, James had a lot to say about his longtime friend and former teammate.
“I needed him. That’s why I made the jump,” said James. “I appreciate more than I can express in words what he did for me when I went down to Miami.”
The jump that the four-time MVP was referring to was of course his decision to sign with the Heat in the summer of 2010. James would go on to spend a total of four seasons in Miami, advancing to four straight NBA Finals appearances and winning two championships in the process.
During those four seasons with the Heat, the St. Vincent-St. Mary High School product averaged 26.9 points, 7.6 rebounds and 6.7 assists per game. As for Wade, he averaged 22.2 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game during that time.
In their careers, Wade and James have played each other a total of 31 times with the head-to-head record being 16-15 in James’ favor. In those games, Wade has averaged 25.4 points, 4.9 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game while James has averaged 28.5 points, 5.7 rebounds and 7.5 assists per game.