- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
- Brad Stevens Reveals What Boston Celtics Did to Contain Goran Dragic in Game 3
- Meyers Leonard’s Wife Shows Off Huge Difference Between Miami Heat and Boston Celtics Benches
- Report: Boston Celtics Offer Huge Update on Gordon Hayward’s Status for Game 3
- Video: Goran Dragic Reveals Owner of Direct Competitor to Jimmy Butler’s Big Face Coffee
- Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic Gush Over Multiple Unique Qualities of Erik Spoelstra
- Dwyane Wade Makes Pointed Statement About Underrated Erik Spoelstra: ‘He Doesn’t Get Enough Credit’
Dwyane Wade Responds to LeBron James’ Heartfelt Message
- Updated: December 18, 2018
After the Heat’s 108-105 loss against the Los Angeles Lakers on Dec. 10, which was likely the last time Wade and James will play each other in the NBA, James had a lot to say about his longtime friend and former teammate.
“I needed him. That’s why I made the jump,” said James. “I appreciate more than I can express in words what he did for me when I went down to Miami.”
The jump that the four-time MVP was referring to was of course his decision to sign with the Heat in the summer of 2010. James would go on to spend a total of four seasons in Miami, advancing to four straight NBA Finals appearances and winning two championships in the process.
During those four seasons with the Heat, the St. Vincent-St. Mary High School product averaged 26.9 points, 7.6 rebounds and 6.7 assists per game. As for Wade, he averaged 22.2 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game during that time.
In their careers, Wade and James have played each other a total of 31 times with the head-to-head record being 16-15 in James’ favor. In those games, Wade has averaged 25.4 points, 4.9 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game while James has averaged 28.5 points, 5.7 rebounds and 7.5 assists per game.