- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
Dwyane Wade Reveals Last Text He Sent His Agent Henry Thomas Before He Passed
- Updated: April 6, 2020
The connection between Dwyane Wade and his former agent Henry Thomas came to an end with the latter’s January 2018 death, but Wade remembered his close friend by sharing a text celebrating Thomas’ last birthday in 2017.
View this post on Instagram
How we take moments for granted. 3 years ago today, this was the text I sent to my late agent Henry Thomas on his birthday. What I wouldn’t do on his day to elaborate alot more on this birthday message to him. I would tell him how much he’s loved and appreciated by me and our entire family. Happy Heavenly Birthday Hank. I love You!
However, Wade viewed Thomas as a father figure and was clearly shaken up by his death. Playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers at the time, Wade took some time off to mourn the loss of his friend.
Wade subsequently offered a poignant tribute to his friend on social media that explained the positive effect his mentor had on turning him into a better person.
The connection between Wade and Thomas had begun more than a decade earlier, with Thomas there to celebrate in 2003 when Wade was selected by the Heat in the NBA draft.
Within two weeks after the death of Thomas, Wade was traded back to the Heat and ended up finishing his career as it had begun — in a Heat uniform.
The passage of more than two years since Thomas’ death has obviously not diminished his memory in the eyes of Wade. Given the stature that Wade now has within the game, it seems clear that he plans on honoring the memory of his friend by offering the same sort of aid to players in the same position he once stood.