- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Damian Lillard Putting Up Monster Game Against Dallas Mavericks
- Updated: August 11, 2020
On Tuesday, the Portland Trail Blazers outslugged the Dallas Mavericks 134-131 thanks to 61 points from guard Damian Lillard.
Man @Dame_Lillard is DIFFERENT!!!
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) August 12, 2020
The Blazers entered the NBA’s bubble site as something of dark horses to make the playoffs. They started the season 5-12 despite the presence of one of the league’s best backcourts.
Lately, however, they have caught fire.
Despite narrow losses to the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers, Portland is now on the verge of clinching a spot in the league’s first-ever play-in tournament.
Lillard is mostly responsible for his team’s remarkable turnaround.
His 61 points on Tuesday made him the first NBA player not named Wilt Chamberlain to ever have three games of at least 60 points in the same season.
Coming into the game against Dallas, Lillard was averaging 33.0 points and 9.5 assists a game since reporting to the bubble.
He may not end up winning the league MVP award, but Lillard has put everyone on notice that he’s as lethal a player as anyone on the planet.