- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Damian Lillard Putting Up Monster Game Against Dallas Mavericks
- Updated: August 11, 2020
On Tuesday, the Portland Trail Blazers outslugged the Dallas Mavericks 134-131 thanks to 61 points from guard Damian Lillard.
Man @Dame_Lillard is DIFFERENT!!!
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) August 12, 2020
The Blazers entered the NBA’s bubble site as something of dark horses to make the playoffs. They started the season 5-12 despite the presence of one of the league’s best backcourts.
Lately, however, they have caught fire.
Despite narrow losses to the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers, Portland is now on the verge of clinching a spot in the league’s first-ever play-in tournament.
Lillard is mostly responsible for his team’s remarkable turnaround.
His 61 points on Tuesday made him the first NBA player not named Wilt Chamberlain to ever have three games of at least 60 points in the same season.
Coming into the game against Dallas, Lillard was averaging 33.0 points and 9.5 assists a game since reporting to the bubble.
He may not end up winning the league MVP award, but Lillard has put everyone on notice that he’s as lethal a player as anyone on the planet.