- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Updated: October 18, 2020
"I want my damn respect too."
— ESPN (@espn) October 12, 2020
While some may wonder how the biggest star in the entire NBA could possibly want more respect than he has already earned, sports pundit Israel Gutierrez issued a powerful message supporting James’ request.
That message was promoted by none other than James’ former teammate and Heat icon Dwyane Wade.
Well said Izzy https://t.co/EiH1PV3n5h
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) October 17, 2020
“Whether or not you like him asking for it,” Gutierrez said. “LeBron deserves everyone’s respect.”
James joined Wade and the Heat in 2010. What followed was an era-defining run in which the Heat advanced to four straight NBA finals and won two titles along the way.
Since then, James has won two additional titles, one with the Cleveland Cavaliers and now one with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Coincidentally, it was the Heat whom James defeated to win his fourth title. James and the Lakers defeated a shorthanded Heat squad in a six-game series.
Surely, Wade was a bit conflicted while watching the series. Though he is a member of the Heat family for life, it was surely also special to watch his dear friend prove all of his doubters wrong and reach the pinnacle of the NBA once again.
While James may never earn everyone’s respect, he surely has Wade’s.