- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Updated: October 18, 2020
"I want my damn respect too."
— ESPN (@espn) October 12, 2020
While some may wonder how the biggest star in the entire NBA could possibly want more respect than he has already earned, sports pundit Israel Gutierrez issued a powerful message supporting James’ request.
That message was promoted by none other than James’ former teammate and Heat icon Dwyane Wade.
Well said Izzy https://t.co/EiH1PV3n5h
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) October 17, 2020
“Whether or not you like him asking for it,” Gutierrez said. “LeBron deserves everyone’s respect.”
James joined Wade and the Heat in 2010. What followed was an era-defining run in which the Heat advanced to four straight NBA finals and won two titles along the way.
Since then, James has won two additional titles, one with the Cleveland Cavaliers and now one with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Coincidentally, it was the Heat whom James defeated to win his fourth title. James and the Lakers defeated a shorthanded Heat squad in a six-game series.
Surely, Wade was a bit conflicted while watching the series. Though he is a member of the Heat family for life, it was surely also special to watch his dear friend prove all of his doubters wrong and reach the pinnacle of the NBA once again.
While James may never earn everyone’s respect, he surely has Wade’s.