- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Updated: October 18, 2020
"I want my damn respect too."
— ESPN (@espn) October 12, 2020
While some may wonder how the biggest star in the entire NBA could possibly want more respect than he has already earned, sports pundit Israel Gutierrez issued a powerful message supporting James’ request.
That message was promoted by none other than James’ former teammate and Heat icon Dwyane Wade.
Well said Izzy https://t.co/EiH1PV3n5h
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) October 17, 2020
“Whether or not you like him asking for it,” Gutierrez said. “LeBron deserves everyone’s respect.”
James joined Wade and the Heat in 2010. What followed was an era-defining run in which the Heat advanced to four straight NBA finals and won two titles along the way.
Since then, James has won two additional titles, one with the Cleveland Cavaliers and now one with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Coincidentally, it was the Heat whom James defeated to win his fourth title. James and the Lakers defeated a shorthanded Heat squad in a six-game series.
Surely, Wade was a bit conflicted while watching the series. Though he is a member of the Heat family for life, it was surely also special to watch his dear friend prove all of his doubters wrong and reach the pinnacle of the NBA once again.
While James may never earn everyone’s respect, he surely has Wade’s.