- Jimmy Butler predicts why Miami Heat will succeed in playoffs: ‘We get there, us as a team, I’ll handle the rest’
- Erik Spoelstra says Bam Adebayo was ‘really angry’ Miami Heat kept him out of game vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo available to play Wednesday vs. Spurs
- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
Dwyane Wade Absolutely Roasts Jimmy Butler as He Welcomes Him to Miami Heat
- Updated: July 2, 2019
Jimmy Butler was acquired in a four-team trade that involved the Philadelphia 76ers, Portland Trail Blazers and Los Angeles Clippers. To obtain him, the Heat sent fourth-year guard Josh Richardson to the Sixers and center Hassan Whiteside to Portland.
Whiteside had played the last five seasons in Miami and had averaged double digits in rebounding in each of those seasons.
Butler, 29, is a four-time NBA All-Star, four-time All-Defensive team selection and has twice been named to the All-NBA Third Team. He was traded to the Sixers early last season after asking for a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves, and averaged 20.0 points, 5.6 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 2.0 steals a game.
According to reports, he is set to sign a four-year deal that will be worth $142 million. He is sure to bring some star power to a Heat team that has been devoid of it in recent seasons, despite the presence of Wade during his sunset years.