- Dwyane Wade Responds to Damian Lillard’s Clutch Performance With Warning to Haters
- Report: Miami Heat List Numerous Key Players on Injury Report vs. Indiana Pacers
- David Fizdale Reveals What Dwyane Wade Told LeBron James After Losing 2011 Finals
- Indiana Pacers Star Offers Bold Message About Beating Miami Heat in Upcoming Playoff Series
- Duncan Robinson Pays Tribute to ‘Real One’ Jimmy Butler for Truck-Sticking Chris Paul
- Jimmy Butler on Tyler Herro: ‘He Wants to Bring a Championship to Miami’
- Jimmy Butler Explains Why He Truck Sticked Chris Paul During Heat-Thunder Game
- Report: Indiana Pacers Forward T.J. Warren Dealing With Significant Injury
- Chris Bosh Reacts to Historic News of Joe Biden Selecting Kamala Harris as Running Mate
- Report: Miami Heat’s 1st Round Playoff Opponent Officially Set
Dwyane Wade Pays Huge Compliment to Los Angeles Lakers Guard
- Updated: December 11, 2018
The second-year guard asked Wade for his shoes, and the 2006 Finals MVP reciprocated with a notable compliment:
Josh Hart asked Dwyane Wade for his game shoes tonight. Hart said he wears No. 3 in honor of Wade, his favorite player growing up. Wade wrote, “I love the way you play the game. Reminds me of me. Keep going.” pic.twitter.com/ljZ44IehXN
— Bill Oram (@billoram) December 11, 2018
While the two guards had different paths to start their careers, Wade sees similarities in their games. Hart is having a solid second season in the league with averages of 9.1 points and 3.3 rebounds. Meanwhile, Wade is putting up 14.9 points, and 3.9 assists per game in the final year of his storied career.
When Wade entered the league, he was expected to become the face of the franchise and guide the Heat to a championship. The 6-foot-4 guard did just that by scoring at will and defending hard to help the Heat capture their first championship in 2006.
Hart, on the other hand, was brought in to be an auxiliary player to some of the stars on the Lakers. Yet, the 30th pick in the 2017 draft, is averaging more points than Lonzo Ball and is a fruitful, consistent contributor on the Lakers this season.
Before Wade gifted Hart with his shoes, the Heat icon gave Los Angeles fans one final, memorable game. While the Heat lost a close, competitive contest to the Lakers, Wade recorded 15 points, 10 assists and five rebounds in 32 minutes.