- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade Pays Huge Compliment to Los Angeles Lakers Guard
- Updated: December 11, 2018
The second-year guard asked Wade for his shoes, and the 2006 Finals MVP reciprocated with a notable compliment:
Josh Hart asked Dwyane Wade for his game shoes tonight. Hart said he wears No. 3 in honor of Wade, his favorite player growing up. Wade wrote, “I love the way you play the game. Reminds me of me. Keep going.” pic.twitter.com/ljZ44IehXN
— Bill Oram (@billoram) December 11, 2018
While the two guards had different paths to start their careers, Wade sees similarities in their games. Hart is having a solid second season in the league with averages of 9.1 points and 3.3 rebounds. Meanwhile, Wade is putting up 14.9 points, and 3.9 assists per game in the final year of his storied career.
When Wade entered the league, he was expected to become the face of the franchise and guide the Heat to a championship. The 6-foot-4 guard did just that by scoring at will and defending hard to help the Heat capture their first championship in 2006.
Hart, on the other hand, was brought in to be an auxiliary player to some of the stars on the Lakers. Yet, the 30th pick in the 2017 draft, is averaging more points than Lonzo Ball and is a fruitful, consistent contributor on the Lakers this season.
Before Wade gifted Hart with his shoes, the Heat icon gave Los Angeles fans one final, memorable game. While the Heat lost a close, competitive contest to the Lakers, Wade recorded 15 points, 10 assists and five rebounds in 32 minutes.