- Dwyane Wade Announces That He’s Joined Panel as Judge for ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Dwyane Wade jokes about moment he and LeBron James knew their sons would team up in Los Angeles
- Bam Adebayo Explains Why Tyler Herro Will Quickly Adjust to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade and Bradley Beal Can’t Believe Zaire Wade’s New High School Roster
- Tobias Harris on Jimmy Butler Leaving 76ers for Heat: ‘Miami Is Gonna Love Him’
- Former NBA Player Disrespects Chris Bosh: ‘Can You Really Call Miami a Big 3’
- Renowned NBA Trainer Sends Warning to League About Dion Waiters
- Video: Bam Adebayo Hilariously Blocks Children’s Shots at Basketball Camp
- Miami Heat Rumors: Heat to Be ‘Aggressive’ in Adding Another Star
- Dion Waiters Opens Up About Emotional Struggles He Faced After Gaining Weight
Dwyane Wade Laughs Off Idea of Teaming Up With LeBron James and Lakers in Playoffs
- Updated: February 5, 2019
These days, it seems everyone has jokes when it comes to the Los Angeles Lakers, a team seemingly in a perpetual state of roster limbo.
😂😂😂 Now that’s funny https://t.co/ZuQPD3W5K1
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) February 5, 2019
Wade’s response was accurate. Another hypothetical team-up with LeBron is funny, especially when you consider how much the Lakers have struggled with their odd group of one-year-contract veterans and young guys. Wade certainly wouldn’t fit what King James and the Lakers front office are trying to build either before the deadline or in the summer.
Yet, more importantly, there’s a chance Wade already makes the playoffs this season. The Heat, while hitting a rough patch in recent weeks, still currently sit in the eighth spot in the Eastern Conference. At 24-27, Wade may get one last look at the postseason.
It would be a fitting send-off, considering the 37-year-old has missed the playoffs just twice in his career. If the Heat can clear up some of their roster issues at the trade deadline and get back the spark they had in December, Wade won’t need to come off the bench for the Lakers to experience one last playoff run.