- Miami Heat News: Heat Exercise Fourth-Year Option on Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat News: American Airlines Arena to Change Name Starting Next Season
- Tyler Herro Agrees That He’ll Be NBA Rookie With ‘Most Drip’
- Goran Dragic Says Surgically Repaired Knee ‘Way Stronger’ Than Last Season
- Dwyane Wade Discusses Why He Absolutely ‘Had to Bring a Championship’ to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Seriously Interested in Owning NFL Team With Rick Ross
- Chris Bosh Eligible to Go to Hall of Fame in Same Class as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Report: NBA Will No Longer Allow ‘Ninja-Style’ Headbands Jimmy Butler Wore Last Season
- Dwyane Wade: ‘I Think L.A. Is Going to Win the Championship’
- Dwyane Wade Hints at Possible Comeback From Retirement: ‘Never Say Never’
Dwyane Wade Laughs Off Idea of Teaming Up With LeBron James and Lakers in Playoffs
- Updated: February 5, 2019
These days, it seems everyone has jokes when it comes to the Los Angeles Lakers, a team seemingly in a perpetual state of roster limbo.
😂😂😂 Now that’s funny https://t.co/ZuQPD3W5K1
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) February 5, 2019
Wade’s response was accurate. Another hypothetical team-up with LeBron is funny, especially when you consider how much the Lakers have struggled with their odd group of one-year-contract veterans and young guys. Wade certainly wouldn’t fit what King James and the Lakers front office are trying to build either before the deadline or in the summer.
Yet, more importantly, there’s a chance Wade already makes the playoffs this season. The Heat, while hitting a rough patch in recent weeks, still currently sit in the eighth spot in the Eastern Conference. At 24-27, Wade may get one last look at the postseason.
It would be a fitting send-off, considering the 37-year-old has missed the playoffs just twice in his career. If the Heat can clear up some of their roster issues at the trade deadline and get back the spark they had in December, Wade won’t need to come off the bench for the Lakers to experience one last playoff run.