- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
- Report: Miami Heat showing interest in promising young guard from Alabama
Dwyane Wade Issues Message to Celebrate the New Year
- Updated: January 1, 2019
On New Year’s Eve, Wade took to Instagram to post a message with a brief reflection on 2018 as well as an expression of excitement regarding the new year.
Wade is playing in his final season, but one wouldn’t know it based on his play. The 36-year-old is still a key contributor for Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra. The 16-year veteran has provided a spark off the bench for Miami and his steady hand is a major reason for the Heat’s recent turnaround during the month of December.
Wade is averaging 14.1 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 3.9 assists per game this season. The shooting guard is stepping out of his comfort zone to help his team. He’s also shooting 32.7 percent from three-point range. That’s not an outstanding percentage, but it would be a career-high mark if he were to maintain it through the rest of the season.
Furthermore, no player in the history of the franchise has meant more to the Heat than Wade. He and Miami will be forever linked, and it’s fitting that he will ride off into the sunset wearing a Heat jersey.
The year of 2019 should be a huge one for Wade and he seems quite ready for all it will bring.