- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Dwyane Wade Issues Message to Celebrate the New Year
- Updated: January 1, 2019
On New Year’s Eve, Wade took to Instagram to post a message with a brief reflection on 2018 as well as an expression of excitement regarding the new year.
Wade is playing in his final season, but one wouldn’t know it based on his play. The 36-year-old is still a key contributor for Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra. The 16-year veteran has provided a spark off the bench for Miami and his steady hand is a major reason for the Heat’s recent turnaround during the month of December.
Wade is averaging 14.1 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 3.9 assists per game this season. The shooting guard is stepping out of his comfort zone to help his team. He’s also shooting 32.7 percent from three-point range. That’s not an outstanding percentage, but it would be a career-high mark if he were to maintain it through the rest of the season.
Furthermore, no player in the history of the franchise has meant more to the Heat than Wade. He and Miami will be forever linked, and it’s fitting that he will ride off into the sunset wearing a Heat jersey.
The year of 2019 should be a huge one for Wade and he seems quite ready for all it will bring.