- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
Dwyane Wade Issues Message to Celebrate the New Year
- Updated: January 1, 2019
On New Year’s Eve, Wade took to Instagram to post a message with a brief reflection on 2018 as well as an expression of excitement regarding the new year.
Wade is playing in his final season, but one wouldn’t know it based on his play. The 36-year-old is still a key contributor for Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra. The 16-year veteran has provided a spark off the bench for Miami and his steady hand is a major reason for the Heat’s recent turnaround during the month of December.
Wade is averaging 14.1 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 3.9 assists per game this season. The shooting guard is stepping out of his comfort zone to help his team. He’s also shooting 32.7 percent from three-point range. That’s not an outstanding percentage, but it would be a career-high mark if he were to maintain it through the rest of the season.
Furthermore, no player in the history of the franchise has meant more to the Heat than Wade. He and Miami will be forever linked, and it’s fitting that he will ride off into the sunset wearing a Heat jersey.
The year of 2019 should be a huge one for Wade and he seems quite ready for all it will bring.