- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Dwyane Wade and Isaiah Thomas react emphatically to controversial arrest of naked white man
- Updated: August 28, 2019
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) August 28, 2019
If he were black he woulda been shot and killed!!! It’s like they was playing tag with him or something smh https://t.co/SqEh26G4jO
— Isaiah Thomas (@isaiahthomas) August 28, 2019
According to the original tweet that Thomas shared, the man killed two women and a child. Thomas was upset to see that the police appeared to be “playing tag” with the suspect rather than capturing him with more determination.
With seemingly no weapon on the suspect, what likely disturbed Thomas even more was the fact that it required 100 police officers to finally capture the fugitive.
Moreover, Thomas made it a race issue when he contrasted the incident with how violently the man would have been treated if he was black. The comments from his tweet show that his view was unpopular to his followers.
Wade and Thomas were once teammates with the Cleveland Cavaliers. The two played together with LeBron James during the Cavs’ tumultuous 2017-18 season.
With the Cavs underperforming during the first half of the season, the team was virtually gutted at the trade deadline to salvage what was left of its campaign. Wade was traded to the Heat while Thomas was dealt to the Los Angeles Lakers to make room for new players that would complement James better.