- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Dwyane Wade and Isaiah Thomas react emphatically to controversial arrest of naked white man
- Updated: August 28, 2019
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) August 28, 2019
If he were black he woulda been shot and killed!!! It’s like they was playing tag with him or something smh https://t.co/SqEh26G4jO
— Isaiah Thomas (@isaiahthomas) August 28, 2019
According to the original tweet that Thomas shared, the man killed two women and a child. Thomas was upset to see that the police appeared to be “playing tag” with the suspect rather than capturing him with more determination.
With seemingly no weapon on the suspect, what likely disturbed Thomas even more was the fact that it required 100 police officers to finally capture the fugitive.
Moreover, Thomas made it a race issue when he contrasted the incident with how violently the man would have been treated if he was black. The comments from his tweet show that his view was unpopular to his followers.
Wade and Thomas were once teammates with the Cleveland Cavaliers. The two played together with LeBron James during the Cavs’ tumultuous 2017-18 season.
With the Cavs underperforming during the first half of the season, the team was virtually gutted at the trade deadline to salvage what was left of its campaign. Wade was traded to the Heat while Thomas was dealt to the Los Angeles Lakers to make room for new players that would complement James better.