- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Dwyane Wade and Isaiah Thomas react emphatically to controversial arrest of naked white man
- Updated: August 28, 2019
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) August 28, 2019
If he were black he woulda been shot and killed!!! It’s like they was playing tag with him or something smh https://t.co/SqEh26G4jO
— Isaiah Thomas (@isaiahthomas) August 28, 2019
According to the original tweet that Thomas shared, the man killed two women and a child. Thomas was upset to see that the police appeared to be “playing tag” with the suspect rather than capturing him with more determination.
With seemingly no weapon on the suspect, what likely disturbed Thomas even more was the fact that it required 100 police officers to finally capture the fugitive.
Moreover, Thomas made it a race issue when he contrasted the incident with how violently the man would have been treated if he was black. The comments from his tweet show that his view was unpopular to his followers.
Wade and Thomas were once teammates with the Cleveland Cavaliers. The two played together with LeBron James during the Cavs’ tumultuous 2017-18 season.
With the Cavs underperforming during the first half of the season, the team was virtually gutted at the trade deadline to salvage what was left of its campaign. Wade was traded to the Heat while Thomas was dealt to the Los Angeles Lakers to make room for new players that would complement James better.