- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Dwyane Wade Infers That He’s Partaking in Celebrating 4/20
- Updated: April 20, 2020
MJ doc yesterday! 4/20 today! These are the best two back to back days I’ve had in a long time. Enjoy ✌🏾
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) April 20, 2020
Over the decades, April 20 or simply 4/20 has not only become a holiday in honor of the popular psychoactive plant, but also a buzzword for it.
The origin of the buzzword can be traced back to the 1970s. Back then, a group of high school students in Northern California would gather to smoke marijuana at exactly 4:20 p.m.
It somehow evolved into a covert way of mentioning marijuana, as well as a preferred time of day for aficionados to consume it.
Wade now lives in Southern California, which was the first state to legalize cannabis for medicinal purposes in 1996. California is now one of 11 states that have also legalized it for recreational purposes.
Wade’s former state of Florida only started allowing the use of medical marijuana in 2016, yet residents weren’t allowed to smoke it until March of last year.
From his social media tweet, it looks like Wade is starting to make the most of being stuck at home due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.