- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade Infers That He’s Partaking in Celebrating 4/20
- Updated: April 20, 2020
MJ doc yesterday! 4/20 today! These are the best two back to back days I’ve had in a long time. Enjoy ✌🏾
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) April 20, 2020
Over the decades, April 20 or simply 4/20 has not only become a holiday in honor of the popular psychoactive plant, but also a buzzword for it.
The origin of the buzzword can be traced back to the 1970s. Back then, a group of high school students in Northern California would gather to smoke marijuana at exactly 4:20 p.m.
It somehow evolved into a covert way of mentioning marijuana, as well as a preferred time of day for aficionados to consume it.
Wade now lives in Southern California, which was the first state to legalize cannabis for medicinal purposes in 1996. California is now one of 11 states that have also legalized it for recreational purposes.
Wade’s former state of Florida only started allowing the use of medical marijuana in 2016, yet residents weren’t allowed to smoke it until March of last year.
From his social media tweet, it looks like Wade is starting to make the most of being stuck at home due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.