- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Dwyane Wade Infers That He’s Partaking in Celebrating 4/20
- Updated: April 20, 2020
MJ doc yesterday! 4/20 today! These are the best two back to back days I’ve had in a long time. Enjoy ✌🏾
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) April 20, 2020
Over the decades, April 20 or simply 4/20 has not only become a holiday in honor of the popular psychoactive plant, but also a buzzword for it.
The origin of the buzzword can be traced back to the 1970s. Back then, a group of high school students in Northern California would gather to smoke marijuana at exactly 4:20 p.m.
It somehow evolved into a covert way of mentioning marijuana, as well as a preferred time of day for aficionados to consume it.
Wade now lives in Southern California, which was the first state to legalize cannabis for medicinal purposes in 1996. California is now one of 11 states that have also legalized it for recreational purposes.
Wade’s former state of Florida only started allowing the use of medical marijuana in 2016, yet residents weren’t allowed to smoke it until March of last year.
From his social media tweet, it looks like Wade is starting to make the most of being stuck at home due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.