- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
Dwyane Wade Infers That He’s Partaking in Celebrating 4/20
- Updated: April 20, 2020
MJ doc yesterday! 4/20 today! These are the best two back to back days I’ve had in a long time. Enjoy ✌🏾
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) April 20, 2020
Over the decades, April 20 or simply 4/20 has not only become a holiday in honor of the popular psychoactive plant, but also a buzzword for it.
The origin of the buzzword can be traced back to the 1970s. Back then, a group of high school students in Northern California would gather to smoke marijuana at exactly 4:20 p.m.
It somehow evolved into a covert way of mentioning marijuana, as well as a preferred time of day for aficionados to consume it.
Wade now lives in Southern California, which was the first state to legalize cannabis for medicinal purposes in 1996. California is now one of 11 states that have also legalized it for recreational purposes.
Wade’s former state of Florida only started allowing the use of medical marijuana in 2016, yet residents weren’t allowed to smoke it until March of last year.
From his social media tweet, it looks like Wade is starting to make the most of being stuck at home due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.