- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Boston Celtics consider not drafting Jimmy Butler ‘most painful miss’ in recent history
Dwyane Wade Indicates Bam Adebayo Should Win Major NBA Award
- Updated: November 17, 2019
Following the Heat’s 109-94 Saturday night win over the New Orleans Pelicans, retired Heat legend Dwyane Wade took to Twitter to indicate that he thinks Adebayo should win the NBA’s Most Improved Player award.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 17, 2019
In the win over the Pelicans, Adebayo delivered his third consecutive double-double and seventh in just 12 games this season for the Heat. The University of Kentucky product offered another stellar all-around performance on Saturday with 18 points, 14 rebounds, four assists, three blocks and two steals. In addition, he connected on 8-of-11 from the field.
Adebayo is currently averaging 13.9 points and 10.6 rebounds per game this season, numbers that have jumped from his respective per-game averages for 2018-19 of 8.9 points and 7.3 rebounds. His assist average has more than doubled from 2.2 per game last season to 4.6 this season. In addition, his blocks per game average has similarly improved, moving from last year’s 0.8 per contest to 1.5 thus far for the season.
One of the chief reasons for Adebayo’s numbers increasing is because he’s averaged 32.3 minutes per game for the 2019-20 season, an uptick of nine minutes per contest from last year
Whether or not Adebayo’s numbers are enough garner Most Improved Player votes remains unknown. Regardless, the 9-3 Heat are happy with what Adebayo’s giving them and how he’s serving as an important building block for the present and future.