- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
Dwyane Wade Honors Vince Carter With Inspiring Message After Retirement Announcement
- Updated: June 26, 2020
Vinsanity, Half Man/Half Amazing! What you did for the game will never be duplicated. Congrts on an HOF career my brother. You put on for an entire country and inspired many generations to come. Legend status! @mrvincecarter15
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) June 26, 2020
Carter, 43, officially announced his retirement from the NBA on Thursday.
The journeyman had one of the most fruitful careers in league history. After all, he played in the association for a whopping 22 years.
The eight-time All-Star had career averages of 16.7 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game. Carter is No. 19 all time in scoring in the NBA history books.
The journeyman played for numerous teams, though he is most remembered for his prolific stints with the New Jersey Nets and Toronto Raptors.
In fact, as a member of the Nets, Carter battled Wade in the postseason in 2005 and 2006. The Heat won both playoff series easily, though.
Wade, 38, retired from the NBA following the conclusion of the 2018-19 season. He posted career averages of 22.0 points, 5.4 assists and 4.7 boards per contest.