- Jimmy Butler Takes Direct Shot at T.J. Warren via Social Media
- Jimmy Butler Tears Apart T.J. Warren in Expletive-Laced Rant: ‘He’s Trash’
- T.J. Warren Threatens to Beat Jimmy Butler’s ‘F—— A–,’ Gets Ejected Shortly Afterwards
- Report: Miami Heat Sign Gabe Vincent to Two-Way Contract, Drop Daryl Macon
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Produce New Docuseries Featuring Zaire Wade
- Report: Miami Heat Announce Dwyane Wade’s 3 Day Retirement Ceremony Plans
- Miami Heat News: Justise Winslow, Jimmy Butler Set to Return Wednesday vs. Indiana Pacers
- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
Dwyane Wade Hints at ‘Legendary’ Conversation With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- Updated: August 13, 2019
Retired Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade and the NBA’s all-time leading scorer, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, retired three decades apart as legends of the game. During the recent Jr. NBA Global Championship, the two iconic stars were in attendance and had the opportunity to chat with each other, with Wade in awe of the circumstances.
Exactly what was discussed between the two stars is unknown, but both were known for their basketball acumen on the court. Another connection between the pair was their ability to address important social issues that were in need of discussion.
Wade retired as one of the greatest players in Heat history and was part of all three Heat championships teams, winning the 2006 NBA Finals MVP award. Abdul-Jabbar managed to win titles with two franchises, beginning with the Milwaukee Bucks in 1971, followed by five more with the Los Angeles Lakers during the 1980s.
One thing about their conversation seems certain: They’re both winners with the drive to succeed both on and off the court.