- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
- Report: Jimmy Butler to Wear No. 22 With Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade Gives One Last Hilarious Reason Why It’s Time to Retire
- Updated: April 10, 2019
The Heat legend hilariously pointed out how Tuesday’s failed jump onto a scorer’s table confirmed his plans to retire.
I’ve played 71 games this year so far and missed 7 because of the birth of my daughter. But I’ve played that many games and i haven’t hurt my knee like i did trying to get up on scorers table. 🤦🏾♂️ that was another reminder that it’s time to retire haha.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) April 10, 2019
Wade, 37, is at the tail end of his phenomenal NBA career. While the 16-year veteran endured a ton of wear and tear from multiple injuries over the years, he has had a great final season in the league.
The 6-foot-4 shooting guard is putting up 14.9 points, 4.1 assists and 3.9 rebounds per contest this season.
Before Wade hilariously missed the scorer’s table on Tuesday, the franchise icon put on a show for Heat fans one last time at American Airlines Area. The Heat’s all-time leading scorer put up a game-high 30 points, three assists and three rebounds in 35 entertaining minutes against the Philadelphia 76ers.
Heat fans will have one last chance to see Wade play on Wednesday night against the Brooklyn Nets.