- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Dwyane Wade Praises Justise Winslow’s Recent Emergence
- Updated: December 29, 2018
“He’s playing well, man. It’s not by mistake at all,” Heat guard Dwyane Wade said about Winslow. “He definitely put the work in. I think early in the season, he was a little frustrated because it didn’t come as quick as he wanted to. But we just kept staying on him. I stayed on him and he stayed on his work, and you can tell the game is now slowing down for him. Once the game slows down for you, it’s scary how good you can be. We’re all enjoying it.”
He’s playing with supreme confidence and is making all the right decisions in the pick-and-roll. In his last three games, Winslow is averaging 5.3 assists against just 1.7 turnovers per game. For a player without much experience as a full-time point guard, Winslow is exceeding expectations.
Furthermore, Winslow is averaging 22.3 points over his last three games. He’s becoming a dynamic scorer while still playing the role of facilitator. The game is slowing down for Winslow and his emergence is a huge reason why the Heat are one of the hottest teams in the NBA.