- Justise Winslow Pens Heartfelt Goodbye to Miami Heat Organization, Teammates and Fans
- Report: Miami Heat Release Results of Jimmy Butler’s Latest MRI
- Miami Heat News: Andre Iguodala’s Latest Extension With Heat Contains Addendum
- Jae Crowder Dedicates Endearing Message to Heat Nation After Being Traded to Miami Heat
- Grading the Miami Heat’s 2020 NBA Trade Deadline Acquisitions
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Tristan Thompson If He’s Bought Out by Cavs
- LeBron James Applauds Miami Heat for Signing Andre Iguodala
- Report: James Johnson Headed to Minnesota Timberwolves in Exchange for Gorgui Dieng
- Andre Iguodala Reveals Why He Chose Miami Heat Over Golden State Warriors
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat ‘Ready to Go to War’ After Andre Iguodala Trade
Dwyane Wade Pays Tribute to Manu Ginobili for Incredible Hall-of-Fame Career
- Updated: March 29, 2019
On Thursday night, San Antonio Spurs great Manu Ginobili saw his jersey retired and hung into the rafters at AT&T Center.
Wade took the event as an opportunity to offer his own respects to Ginobili’s incredible career.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) March 29, 2019
Ginobili averaged 13.3 points, 3.8 assists, and 3.5 rebounds in his NBA career, but Wade knows first hand that the Argentinian national’s value did not only lie in numbers.
In back-to-back seasons Wade and the Heat faced off against Ginobili and the Spurs in the NBA Finals. The Heat won the first matchup in 2013 after an epic seven-game series. The following season, the Spurs beat the odds and dominated the Heat in a five-game series. In both series, Ginobili showed his ability to come up with incredibly clutch shots when they mattered most.
Now, with Ginobili’s jersey hanging in the rafters, and Wade’s career just weeks away from coming to an end, it’s clear that the past generation of NBA stars are smiling back at their careers.
Considering the way coaches, stars, and fans alike have responded to Wade’s farewell tour this season, it is likely there will be a similar outpouring of gratitude and admiration when Wade finally does hang it up for good.