- Report: Miami Heat have shown interest in Larry Nance Jr.
- Antoine Walker rips Brooklyn Nets’ decision to trade for James Harden: ‘You can’t win with his style’
- Report: Miami Heat are monitoring Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns
- Report: Miami Heat have registered ‘serious interest’ in Blake Griffin
- Report: John Wall and Kyle Lowry are ‘potential targets’ for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
Dwyane Wade Pays Tribute to Manu Ginobili for Incredible Hall-of-Fame Career
- Updated: March 29, 2019
On Thursday night, San Antonio Spurs great Manu Ginobili saw his jersey retired and hung into the rafters at AT&T Center.
Wade took the event as an opportunity to offer his own respects to Ginobili’s incredible career.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) March 29, 2019
Ginobili averaged 13.3 points, 3.8 assists, and 3.5 rebounds in his NBA career, but Wade knows first hand that the Argentinian national’s value did not only lie in numbers.
In back-to-back seasons Wade and the Heat faced off against Ginobili and the Spurs in the NBA Finals. The Heat won the first matchup in 2013 after an epic seven-game series. The following season, the Spurs beat the odds and dominated the Heat in a five-game series. In both series, Ginobili showed his ability to come up with incredibly clutch shots when they mattered most.
Now, with Ginobili’s jersey hanging in the rafters, and Wade’s career just weeks away from coming to an end, it’s clear that the past generation of NBA stars are smiling back at their careers.
Considering the way coaches, stars, and fans alike have responded to Wade’s farewell tour this season, it is likely there will be a similar outpouring of gratitude and admiration when Wade finally does hang it up for good.