- Report: Miami Heat coach leaves team to join Los Angeles Clippers coaching staff
- Report: Duncan Robinson considered ‘top commodity’ in NBA trade market
- Report: Miami Heat ‘would hang the phone up’ if Bam Adebayo was asked for in trade
- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
Dwyane Wade Pays Tribute to Manu Ginobili for Incredible Hall-of-Fame Career
- Updated: March 29, 2019
On Thursday night, San Antonio Spurs great Manu Ginobili saw his jersey retired and hung into the rafters at AT&T Center.
Wade took the event as an opportunity to offer his own respects to Ginobili’s incredible career.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) March 29, 2019
Ginobili averaged 13.3 points, 3.8 assists, and 3.5 rebounds in his NBA career, but Wade knows first hand that the Argentinian national’s value did not only lie in numbers.
In back-to-back seasons Wade and the Heat faced off against Ginobili and the Spurs in the NBA Finals. The Heat won the first matchup in 2013 after an epic seven-game series. The following season, the Spurs beat the odds and dominated the Heat in a five-game series. In both series, Ginobili showed his ability to come up with incredibly clutch shots when they mattered most.
Now, with Ginobili’s jersey hanging in the rafters, and Wade’s career just weeks away from coming to an end, it’s clear that the past generation of NBA stars are smiling back at their careers.
Considering the way coaches, stars, and fans alike have responded to Wade’s farewell tour this season, it is likely there will be a similar outpouring of gratitude and admiration when Wade finally does hang it up for good.