- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
Dwyane Wade compares Chris Paul to LeBron James for 1 specific reason
- Updated: February 20, 2021
Late Friday night, Wade agreed that Paul should be considered at the same level as James when it comes to a star player managing to beat the odds and extend his prime years in the league.
Facts. What he is doing is unreal as well. https://t.co/CxbEeSBVxx
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) February 20, 2021
It wasn’t so long ago that people believed Paul was on the verge of falling off a cliff. While his production remained high with Houston, he regularly struggled with injuries that kept him off the court.
Then came last season, when he missed just two regular season games and played a pivotal role in leading a scrappy Oklahoma City Thunder team to the playoffs.
He’s missed just one game thus far with the Phoenix Suns this season. He’s averaging 17.1 points, 8.6 assists and 4.7 rebounds per game.
Wade is certainly right to say that Paul deserves recognition for remaining atop the game for so long.
As for Wade, he’s still enjoying his retirement from the NBA. Though many Heat fans surely wish that Wade had enjoyed the same level of absurd longevity that James and Paul both have.