- Report: Miami Heat have registered ‘serious interest’ in Blake Griffin
- Report: John Wall and Kyle Lowry are ‘potential targets’ for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
Dwyane Wade compares Chris Paul to LeBron James for 1 specific reason
- Updated: February 20, 2021
Late Friday night, Wade agreed that Paul should be considered at the same level as James when it comes to a star player managing to beat the odds and extend his prime years in the league.
Facts. What he is doing is unreal as well. https://t.co/CxbEeSBVxx
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) February 20, 2021
It wasn’t so long ago that people believed Paul was on the verge of falling off a cliff. While his production remained high with Houston, he regularly struggled with injuries that kept him off the court.
Then came last season, when he missed just two regular season games and played a pivotal role in leading a scrappy Oklahoma City Thunder team to the playoffs.
He’s missed just one game thus far with the Phoenix Suns this season. He’s averaging 17.1 points, 8.6 assists and 4.7 rebounds per game.
Wade is certainly right to say that Paul deserves recognition for remaining atop the game for so long.
As for Wade, he’s still enjoying his retirement from the NBA. Though many Heat fans surely wish that Wade had enjoyed the same level of absurd longevity that James and Paul both have.