- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
Dwyane Wade Can’t Believe Insane Coincidence Surrounding Lakers and Clippers
- Updated: July 25, 2019
Dwyane Wade recently tweeted a certain coincidence between the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers, particularly about their star players.
Wade noticed that when Kawhi Leonard’s (2) and Paul George’s (13) number are placed side by side, they represent the area code 213, which can be found in the Los Angeles area. Moreover, Anthony Davis (3) and LeBron James’ (23) combined numbers (323) also represent an area code within the vicinity.
Okay that 213 for PG and Kawhi is crazy but what’s crazier is AD and Bron is 323. How sway⁉️ Both California area codes tho ??♂️ ?
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) July 25, 2019
Here is more info about the two area codes from AreaCodeLocations.info:
“California area codes 213 and 323 currently serve the downtown Los Angeles area and a number of surrounding cities (Bell Gardens, Cudahy, Huntington Park, Montebello, South Gate, West Hollywood and more) respectively.”
Superstitious folks might find that fun fact from the former Miami Heat star as a sign that the Lakers and Clippers are fated to meet in the Western Conference Finals for the chance to advance to the 2020 NBA Finals.
Davis had to switch to No. 3 after joining the Lakers in a blockbuster trade last June. Both Davis and James wore No. 23 on their previous teams, which prompted the change in the former’s jersey number. The Lakers are considered one of a handful of favorites to win the title next year.
Leonard and George joined the Clippers early this month and quickly turned around the outlook of the organization. After years of playoff failures, they are now expected by many to not only make it to the championship round but also to take home the Larry O’Brien trophy.