- ESPN’s Panel of Experts Agree Bam Adebayo Should and Will Win Most Improved Player Award
- Meyers Leonard Doubles Down on Justice Stance, Shows Love to African-American Teammates
- An Emotional Udonis Haslem Addresses Community of Miami: ‘I’m Scared as Hell’
- Udonis Haslem Boasts About KZ Okpala’s Growth, Says He’s Put on Weight and Gotten Stronger
- Bam Adebayo Adamantly Advocates for Jayson Tatum to Receive Max Money From Celtics
- Report: Miami Heat Could Participate in Secret ‘Closed-Door Scrimmages’ Despite NBA Directive
- Tyler Herro Sends Blunt 4-Word Message With NBA Return on Horizon
- Gabrielle Union Offers Powerful Statement After Brutal Death of George Floyd
- Ayehsa Curry Rips Donald Trump for Calling George Floyd Protesters ‘Thugs’
- Miami Heat’s Bam Adebayo Worried About Licking, Sweating When NBA Returns
Dwyane Wade Calls LeBron James ‘Legendary’ After His Inspiring Message to Class of 2020
- Updated: May 17, 2020
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) May 17, 2020
James, who now plays for the Los Angeles Lakers, was part of a televised tribute to the graduating classes from this year who are unable to take part in ceremonies due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.
In James’ comments, he took time to note the important roles that schools and teachers play outside of simply educating students, especially for those who are underprivileged or live in underserved communities.
The connection to such students is one that resonates with James, who grew up in the inner city of his hometown Akron, Ohio. There, his mother’s uncertain financial situation led to constant moves, thereby disrupting the education of James.
Yet, James persevered and eventually graduated from high school in 2003, with his ample basketball talents allowing him to advance directly to the NBA.
The income that James has since earned on and off the court allowed him to show off his philanthropic side in 2018 with the opening of the I Promise School in his hometown.
Wade’s one-word tweet was likely due to the fact that he’s gotten a regular up-close look at the way James has approached the idea of being a role model. Wade himself has also been an inspiration for others and continues to be even after his retirement last year.