- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Dwyane Wade Calls LeBron James ‘Legendary’ After His Inspiring Message to Class of 2020
- Updated: May 17, 2020
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) May 17, 2020
James, who now plays for the Los Angeles Lakers, was part of a televised tribute to the graduating classes from this year who are unable to take part in ceremonies due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.
In James’ comments, he took time to note the important roles that schools and teachers play outside of simply educating students, especially for those who are underprivileged or live in underserved communities.
The connection to such students is one that resonates with James, who grew up in the inner city of his hometown Akron, Ohio. There, his mother’s uncertain financial situation led to constant moves, thereby disrupting the education of James.
Yet, James persevered and eventually graduated from high school in 2003, with his ample basketball talents allowing him to advance directly to the NBA.
The income that James has since earned on and off the court allowed him to show off his philanthropic side in 2018 with the opening of the I Promise School in his hometown.
Wade’s one-word tweet was likely due to the fact that he’s gotten a regular up-close look at the way James has approached the idea of being a role model. Wade himself has also been an inspiration for others and continues to be even after his retirement last year.