- Justise Winslow Pens Heartfelt Goodbye to Miami Heat Organization, Teammates and Fans
- Report: Miami Heat Release Results of Jimmy Butler’s Latest MRI
- Miami Heat News: Andre Iguodala’s Latest Extension With Heat Contains Addendum
- Jae Crowder Dedicates Endearing Message to Heat Nation After Being Traded to Miami Heat
- Grading the Miami Heat’s 2020 NBA Trade Deadline Acquisitions
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Tristan Thompson If He’s Bought Out by Cavs
- LeBron James Applauds Miami Heat for Signing Andre Iguodala
- Report: James Johnson Headed to Minnesota Timberwolves in Exchange for Gorgui Dieng
- Andre Iguodala Reveals Why He Chose Miami Heat Over Golden State Warriors
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat ‘Ready to Go to War’ After Andre Iguodala Trade
Dwyane Wade in Awe of Damian Lillard’s Incredible String of Recent Performances
- Updated: February 1, 2020
Portland Trail Blazers superstar Damain Lillard has been on a tear lately.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) February 1, 2020
Dame Lillard's last five games:
1/20 vs. GSW: 61 points, 10 rebs, 7 assists, 11 3PTs
1/23 vs. DAL: 41 points, 6 rebs, 8 ast, 8 3PTs
1/26 vs. IND: 50 points, 6 rebs, 13 ast, 8 3PTs
1/29 vs. HOU: 36 points, 10 rebs, 11 ast, 6 3PTs
1/31 vs. LAL: 48 points, 9 rebs 10 ast, 7 3PTs
— Tommy Beer (@TommyBeer) February 1, 2020
While the Lakers franchise dedicated Friday night to fallen icon Kobe Bryant, it was Lillard who depicted and demonstrated the Mamba Mentality.
The 29-year-old exploded for 48 points, 10 assists and nine rebounds in an emotional win at Staples Center. Lillard looked up to Bryant a ton and had acquired the all-time great’s respect in the past.
However, the product out of Weber State University was playing out of his mind before Bryant passed away on Sunday. In fact, Friday’s awe-inspiring victory was just the latest burst in a recent hot streak for Lillard.
Over his last 10 games of the season, the 6-foot-2 pro has averaged a whopping 39.1 points, 8.6 assists and 5.5 boards. The Trail Blazers have won four of their last five games as they fight to enter the playoff picture.
The veteran is averaging 29.4 points, 7.8 assists and 4.4 rebounds per game this season.