- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Dwyane Wade Has Amazing Response for High Schooler Talking Trash About Zaire Wade’s Team
- Updated: August 22, 2019
In his Instagram story, Wade shared a quote from top prospect Dior Johnson, who talked trash about Zaire Wade’s high school, Sierra Canyon School.
Rather than scold the young man, the elder Wade acknowledged that respect has to be earned and not given.
The younger Wade’s high school boasts perhaps the best lineup in the country. NBA superstar LeBron James’ son, LeBron James Jr., is one of his teammates. More importantly, the team has five-star basketball recruits on its roster such as Brandon Boston Jr. and Ziaire Williams.
Both players belong to the class of 2020 with Boston ranked by 247Sports.com as the No. 2 shooting guard and No. 10 ranked prospect in the country, while Williams is the nation’s No. 7 best prospect.
Other top players on the team are Terren Frank, Amari Bailey and Harold Yu.
With a team brimming with talent, it’s no wonder that many are raving about this Sierra Canyon Trailblazers team.
Johnson, however, isn’t one of them.
Being one of the most competitive players to ever play the game, the 37-year-old Heat legend understands that his son and the team he plays for need to earn the right to be respected.
Perhaps putting himself in Johnson’s shoes, the elder Wade could have said the same thing when faced off against a stacked squad no matter the level of competition.