- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
Donovan Mitchell Trolls Dwyane Wade With Hilarious Gift
- Updated: December 12, 2018
Dwyane Wade’s farewell tour is being billed as “One Last Dance” and on Tuesday night, Donovan Mitchell gave Wade a gift to commemorate his final season. The Utah Jazz guard gifted Wade a rocking chair — a sly roast of Wade’s age.
Both men, more than players, are standup individuals and excellent role models. Oh, and funny as hell. pic.twitter.com/NyaZPO8jnr
— Tzvi Twersky (@TTwersky) December 12, 2018
Wade doesn’t appear amused by his gift, but he has a good sense of humor, so he was willing to pose for a picture with Mitchell. This is high-level trolling from Mitchell, but time stops for no one. Eventually, Mitchell will be preparing for his retirement and perhaps a young star in the league will pull this same move on him.
The Jazz guard is emerging as one of the best young players in the game, even drawing comparisons to Wade at times. His shooting percentages are down slightly this season, but he’s still learning how to adapt and adjust to the different types of coverages defenses are throwing at him.
Having Wade as a mentor is a great thing for Mitchell. Wade has a wealth of NBA knowledge and knows how to handle the spotlight as a rising star. Wednesday night will mark the final time that Wade and Mitchell take the floor against one another. Despite Mitchell’s gag gift, there is definitely mutual respect between the two.