- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Donovan Mitchell Trolls Dwyane Wade With Hilarious Gift
- Updated: December 12, 2018
Dwyane Wade’s farewell tour is being billed as “One Last Dance” and on Tuesday night, Donovan Mitchell gave Wade a gift to commemorate his final season. The Utah Jazz guard gifted Wade a rocking chair — a sly roast of Wade’s age.
Both men, more than players, are standup individuals and excellent role models. Oh, and funny as hell. pic.twitter.com/NyaZPO8jnr
— Tzvi Twersky (@TTwersky) December 12, 2018
Wade doesn’t appear amused by his gift, but he has a good sense of humor, so he was willing to pose for a picture with Mitchell. This is high-level trolling from Mitchell, but time stops for no one. Eventually, Mitchell will be preparing for his retirement and perhaps a young star in the league will pull this same move on him.
The Jazz guard is emerging as one of the best young players in the game, even drawing comparisons to Wade at times. His shooting percentages are down slightly this season, but he’s still learning how to adapt and adjust to the different types of coverages defenses are throwing at him.
Having Wade as a mentor is a great thing for Mitchell. Wade has a wealth of NBA knowledge and knows how to handle the spotlight as a rising star. Wednesday night will mark the final time that Wade and Mitchell take the floor against one another. Despite Mitchell’s gag gift, there is definitely mutual respect between the two.