- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
Donovan Mitchell Trolls Dwyane Wade With Hilarious Gift
- Updated: December 12, 2018
Dwyane Wade’s farewell tour is being billed as “One Last Dance” and on Tuesday night, Donovan Mitchell gave Wade a gift to commemorate his final season. The Utah Jazz guard gifted Wade a rocking chair — a sly roast of Wade’s age.
Both men, more than players, are standup individuals and excellent role models. Oh, and funny as hell. pic.twitter.com/NyaZPO8jnr
— Tzvi Twersky (@TTwersky) December 12, 2018
Wade doesn’t appear amused by his gift, but he has a good sense of humor, so he was willing to pose for a picture with Mitchell. This is high-level trolling from Mitchell, but time stops for no one. Eventually, Mitchell will be preparing for his retirement and perhaps a young star in the league will pull this same move on him.
The Jazz guard is emerging as one of the best young players in the game, even drawing comparisons to Wade at times. His shooting percentages are down slightly this season, but he’s still learning how to adapt and adjust to the different types of coverages defenses are throwing at him.
Having Wade as a mentor is a great thing for Mitchell. Wade has a wealth of NBA knowledge and knows how to handle the spotlight as a rising star. Wednesday night will mark the final time that Wade and Mitchell take the floor against one another. Despite Mitchell’s gag gift, there is definitely mutual respect between the two.