- Kendrick Nunn’s High School Coach: ‘He’s Right Up There’ With Alums Derrick Rose and Jabari Parker
- Report: Ice Cube Looking to Add Dwyane Wade to BIG3 in the Future
- Miami Heat News: 3 Players Expected to Compete for Pair of 2-Way Contracts
- Dwyane Wade to Join Chinese Reality Show ‘Dunk of China’
- Tyler Herro Comes to Kyle Kuzma’s Defense After Other NBA Players Destroy Him
- Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem Watch Zaire Wade and LeBron James Jr. Make Sierra Canyon Debut
- NBA Rookies Declare Tyler Herro as Best Shooter in 2019 Draft Class
- Udonis Haslem Celebrates Rick Ross’ No. 1 Album, Honored by Shout-Out on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- John Cho Hilariously Responds to Dwyane Wade After Kissing His Wife
- Tyler Johnson Seen Wearing Miami Heat Gear in Latest Workout
Donovan Mitchell Trolls Dwyane Wade With Hilarious Gift
- Updated: December 12, 2018
Dwyane Wade’s farewell tour is being billed as “One Last Dance” and on Tuesday night, Donovan Mitchell gave Wade a gift to commemorate his final season. The Utah Jazz guard gifted Wade a rocking chair — a sly roast of Wade’s age.
Both men, more than players, are standup individuals and excellent role models. Oh, and funny as hell. pic.twitter.com/NyaZPO8jnr
— Tzvi Twersky (@TTwersky) December 12, 2018
Wade doesn’t appear amused by his gift, but he has a good sense of humor, so he was willing to pose for a picture with Mitchell. This is high-level trolling from Mitchell, but time stops for no one. Eventually, Mitchell will be preparing for his retirement and perhaps a young star in the league will pull this same move on him.
The Jazz guard is emerging as one of the best young players in the game, even drawing comparisons to Wade at times. His shooting percentages are down slightly this season, but he’s still learning how to adapt and adjust to the different types of coverages defenses are throwing at him.
Having Wade as a mentor is a great thing for Mitchell. Wade has a wealth of NBA knowledge and knows how to handle the spotlight as a rising star. Wednesday night will mark the final time that Wade and Mitchell take the floor against one another. Despite Mitchell’s gag gift, there is definitely mutual respect between the two.