- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Donovan Mitchell Admits Tyler Herro ‘Kicked My A–‘ in Miami Heat Win
- Updated: December 24, 2019
On Monday evening, the Miami Heat defeated the Utah Jazz, 107-104, to improve to 22-8 on the season.
As he has all season, Heat rookie Tyler Herro played a big role in the Heat win. Afterward, Jazz star Donovon Mitchell spoke about the rookie’s large impact on the game.
Donovan Mitchell on Tyler Herro: "He kicked my ass. He capitalized on my poor defense. I take credit for that. I'll take the blame for that. It's on me. He kicked my ass on three straight possessions. We'll see him again."
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) December 24, 2019
Miami trailed 81-76 going into the fourth quarter, but it managed to turn things around with Herro at the center of the rally.
With the Heat clinging to an 87-85 lead with 7:43 remaining in the game, Bam Adebayo stole the ball, and Herro hit a 3-pointer seconds later. Further along in the period, the rookie scored three consecutive baskets to boost the Heat’s lead to eight.
For the game, Herro had 17 points and six rebounds on 7-of-13 shooting from the field and 3-of-5 shooting from downtown. Meanwhile, Mitchell was held to just 13 points on 5-of-18 shooting.
With the win, the Heat are now third place in the Eastern Conference and are mere percentage points behind the Boston Celtics.
Coming up, Miami will be tested when it hosts the Indiana Pacers and Philadelphia 76ers on Friday and Saturday respectively.