- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Damian Lillard’s negative reaction to claim that Duncan Robinson better catch-and-shoot player than Klay Thompson
- Updated: October 12, 2020
The University of Michigan product averaged 13.5 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game while shooting a blistering 44.6 percent from 3-point range.
However, Robinson’s season may have some fans getting too carried away, as one claimed he is a better catch-and-shoot player than Golden State Warriors star Klay Thompson.
That comparison quickly drew a response from Portland Trail Blazers star guard Damian Lillard, who clearly didn’t agree.
— Damian Lillard (@Dame_Lillard) October 12, 2020
Robinson is a great shooter, but to compare him to Thompson is just silly.
Thompson has had five seasons in which he has averaged over 20.0 points per game. In addition, he has shot over 40 percent from beyond the arc in all eight of his NBA seasons.
Thompson missed this past year with a torn ACL, and it seems fans have already forgotten how lethal he is.
After all, he holds the NBA record for most points in a single quarter at 37 and once scored 60 points while taking just 11 dribbles in a game.
That is the very definition of a dominant catch-and-shoot player.
Heat fans certainly hope that Robinson can come close to a career as successful as Thompson’s.